Fingers crossed for CO

HenDawg3

Lil-Rokslider
I think there was the normal point creep with the popular or well publicized units like there always will be. Some units had even more creep than I expected. Lots of people not wanting to use their points so you can see there’s more tags taken up in secondary draw. Seems like if OTC does completely take a dive leftover tags might be a thing of the past other than your normal returned tags.

So let’s say there’s a breakdown of drawn out at points for first choice primary draw:

4 pts - 5 applicants (2 successful)
3 pts - 5 applicants (2 successful)
2 pts - 10 applicants (1 successuful)

How does that even happen? What am I missing that will help me understand this? Common sense suggests that the 5 successful would be the 5 with 4 points.

Thanks for educating me.
Group applications with different point levels within the group. If a guy at 3 pts applies with a guy at 2 pts, that group is treated as if they all have 2 pts. But the recap report is shown by individual applicant, so the 3 pt guy in that group shows up as an unsuccessful 3 pt applicant (even though he was actually treated as having 2 pts).

DanimalW

WKR
Group applications with different point levels within the group. If a guy at 3 pts applies with a guy at 2 pts, that group is treated as if they all have 2 pts. But the recap report is shown by individual applicant, so the 3 pt guy in that group shows up as an unsuccessful 3 pt applicant (even though he was actually treated as having 2 pts).
Thanks for the explanation. I didn’t think that there would be that many group applications, but realistically, there are probably more group applications in the NR pool than there are individual applications.

Mcribs

Lil-Rokslider
Well didn’t draw my local unit that was close to 100% last year… one thing I notice (and annoys me) is that NR’s have better odds with same points as residents in some units. Less applicants so they fill all their tags. Just seems wrong in a way even though I understand the math.

Yes, yes I’m pissed cause I’m back in OTC as a resident for a second year in a row.

TravisIN

WKR
I drew a second rifle cow tag, and was unsuccessful on deer. But considering how the secondary draw works I’m happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk