Finally rifle time

stan5677

Lil-Rokslider
So roksliders I had put my rifle on hold due to a new home purchase. Fast forward to today and an apple store trip by my wife I have justification and permission for a rifle. Not custom or seekins level cost but I can grab a Tikka or browning. So now to decide which cartridge to go with. Hooray for me.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NSI

WKR
My current obsession is 6 creed. I think the fast twist .243 Tikkas will get you pretty close. Of course you could always build a Rokslide special in .223 since 77tmk is widely available again.

However…my 6.5cm is probably my most shot tikka.

-J

JHL

FNG
Tikka s are a great rifles. What cartridges do you own currently?

OP
S

stan5677

Lil-Rokslider
Tikka s are a great rifles. What cartridges do you own currently?
I had a 270 years ago. I sold it due to falling on hard times so after today I had the balls to ask for a rifle.

Sandstrom

WKR
Heck yea! Gun shopping is fun!! For what it’s worth, my 223 tikka is one of my favorite rifles to shoot! I would recommend the stainless.
Ryan

OP
S

stan5677

Lil-Rokslider
Heck yea! Gun shopping is fun!! For what it’s worth, my 223 tikka is one of my favorite rifles to shoot! I would recommend the stainless.
Ryan
Part of me wants to go 270 WSM but I'm looking at the 6.5 Creedmoor, 6.5 PRC, and 7-08. Not in a position to get one now but the wheels are turning.

Sandstrom

WKR
I like the prc, especially on paper, however the creedmoor will have less recoil and is cheaper to shoot. Both of which will allow for more shooting.
Ryan

OP
S

stan5677

Lil-Rokslider
I like the prc, especially on paper, however the creedmoor will have less recoil and is cheaper to shoot. Both of which will allow for more shooting.
Ryan
Yea I'm 90 percent certain on the Creedmoor. Any particular bullet style I should be looking at as I absolutely will not shoot game long range so bc doesn't matter to me.

JHL

FNG
I shoot Barnes ttsx for hunting and Federal Gold Medal Match for Steel. I haven't used them before but I want to try the Hornady Match or ELD X

JHL

FNG
My current obsession is 6 creed. I think the fast twist .243 Tikkas will get you pretty close. Of course you could always build a Rokslide special in .223 since 77tmk is widely available again.

However…my 6.5cm is probably my most shot tikka.

-J
What is a Rokslide Special?

Sandstrom

WKR
As a Lil-rockslider, I don’t have the street credit to make that declaration… however it could make it even better:)
Ryan

OP
S

stan5677

Lil-Rokslider
As far as scopes I'm well aware of SWFA. But looking at alternatives I prefer to stay in the 500-600 dollar range with 700 as a max. SFP is preferred but willing to use FFP. Also I prefer to dial but I'm willing to compromise on that as well. Sightron S-tac and the Optika5 are on my radar.

cmahoney

WKR
Scrounge up another $400 and get a Trijicon or SHV if you don’t want an SWFA. Don’t sweat all the bells and whistles over reliability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk