Fierce rifle input wanted

Dcrafton

WKR
Looking at the Fierce carbon edge in a 280ai,
Good price point, good warranty, good guarantee.5 MOA, good action, good stock.. not so sure on the (McGowen) barrels they use.
Has anyone had any experience with the rifle or just the barrel manufacturer. Good or bad!!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Fierce CT Edge is my favorite rifle I’ve ever owned and I’ve owned several customs. You can read my review on this site if you haven’t already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have a fierce edge with the regular barrel. I love it as well I put a maven scope and a suppressor on it. Shoots like a dream!

I had a fierce edge stainless barrel, just sold it because I wanted a different caliber but think they're a great rifle especially if you can find one on sale. Definitely lived up to a half moa and the durability seemed solid.

I’ve owned 3 in 3 different calibers and didn’t have any luck getting them to shoot. Not my cup of tea but hopefully you have better luck.

I’ve owned 3 in 3 different calibers and didn’t have any luck getting them to shoot. Not my cup of tea but hopefully you have better luck.

This is all good information for me, all sides.
One question, if the first one did not shoot, why did you get another and then another. They are not the cheapest rifle out there.
I thank you for your input,

For they others who replied, are your rifles shooting the .5 MOA or close?

have a fury in 6.5 creedmore easily is 1/2 moa with factory 143 eld ammo, its a little heavy
that would be the only thing i would veiw negatively

I have an Edge in 300 WSM (steel barrel). Fit and finish are top notch and it is a shooter for sure.

Only complaint is the ejecting of bullets and brass. Spent brass seems to eject MOST of the time, but a full cartridge rarely ejects. Look up the problems with Sako 85 action and this rifle is very similar (Sako clone action). I'll probably keep this rifle, but doubt I'll use in Alaska. The possibly of a malfunction is not an option for me while hunting large bears. I'll probably keep in Idaho at my parents place for hunting elk.

e6cfd10f36015cdcea6dbd3a5fb97fed.jpg

5b9550364c46575be61949d50fbf51fe.jpg

This is all good information for me, all sides.
One question, if the first one did not shoot, why did you get another and then another. They are not the cheapest rifle out there.
I thank you for your input,

For they others who replied, are your rifles shooting the .5 MOA or close?

First one was a 300rum I got on a trade. Couldn’t make it shoot under 2 inches at 100. I reload and tried everything except Berger’s. A friend wanted it even knowing I had issues with it. I then got a 300 win and same issues. I tried 165-200 gr bullets still no luck. Thought it might have been a magnum issue so I sold it and got a 6.5-284. I already had a Broughton 6.5-284 heavy barrel but wanted lighter. This one was better I was able to get right at an inch on a good day. But still wasn’t satisfied. Traded it for a Barrett field craft in 6.5 and I am now satisfied. I’ve had some friends happy with fierce just wasn’t for me.

Curious, did you hand load for any of them? Or did you only run factory ammunition? Or both?

Hand loads. Only have one gun I run factory ammo in. It’s a custom .308 that loves Nosler 165 partition factory ammo and I can’t recreate the results.

Well it has a .5 moa guarantee and you’ll not find a rifle that feeds better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I really enjoy reading all the feedback, great information for me to make an informed discussion. I’ll probably drive down to Gunnison and order me the carbon edge in a 280ai in a couple of weeks

One more question,
Before spending $3300 on a fierce carbon edge.
Has anyone built or have experience on a weatherby mark V action re-barrel to whatever caliber.
I really like the actions with a short throw bolt (50,60,70) degrees.

Last edited:
Back