Thoughts on the Fierce Rogue carbon rifle. Weatherby / Savage.

Obie458

FNG
I'm looking for a new lightweight hunting rifle. As a left hand shooter the options are somewhat limited. In doing some research, the Fierce carbon Rogue cought my attention. I've seen some complaints online about quality control and customer service. I realize bad news spreads faster and farther than good news. Does anyone hear have first hand experience with the Fierce Rogue rifle?
I'm also considering the Savage Ultralite with a Pure Precision carbon stock and a Weatherby Backcountry carbon. The Weatherby looks nice but it's a good bit more expensive. Any thoughts on the Savage or Weatherby

Marshfly

WKR
Seekins Element or Tikka T3X Lite in an aftermarket carbon stock are going to be the two go-to options for a lightweight hunting rifle. Tikka Stainless in a Stocky's stock will be sub $1500 and weigh about 5.5#.

With the way a few people have been treated by Fierce when they had issues you couldn't force me to buy one.

That said, I really like the Backcountry a lot. Especially in the 6 lug action. The Peak 44 stock is great stuff.

PsRpOiGrRiAtM

Lil-Rokslider
I'm looking for a new lightweight hunting rifle. As a left hand shooter the options are somewhat limited. In doing some research, the Fierce carbon Rogue cought my attention. I've seen some complaints online about quality control and customer service. I realize bad news spreads faster and farther than good news. Does anyone hear have first hand experience with the Fierce Rogue rifle?
I'm also considering the Savage Ultralite with a Pure Precision carbon stock and a Weatherby Backcountry carbon. The Weatherby looks nice but it's a good bit more expensive. Any thoughts on the Savage or Weatherby

Reading any one of the active Fierce threads in this subforum would have me steering clear of them unless it was a Canadian built rifle.

My experience with the Savage Ultralite is with a 6.5CM and it's very handy/accurate. A definite step up from what most would associate the name "Savage." No experience with the Weatherby Carbon. Sorry.

Hard to go wrong with a Tikka and upgrade it accordingly with the money you'd spend on either one of those others, too.

Dukhtr3

FNG
Savage ultralite can be had for $1100 at Cabela's right now. I bought one with a 10% coupon but haven't picked it up yet. Also bought a stocky's stock for it. I am going to be in under $1400 for it. I also own a fierce CT rival and it shoots better than I can shoot it. I have a local fierce dealer so I wasn't to worried about all the bad stories. However I haven't shot a rogue.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

gerry35

WKR
Seekins Element or Tikka T3X Lite in an aftermarket carbon stock are going to be the two go-to options for a lightweight hunting rifle. Tikka Stainless in a Stocky's stock will be sub $1500 and weigh about 5.5#.

With the way a few people have been treated by Fierce when they had issues you couldn't force me to buy one.

That said, I really like the Backcountry a lot. Especially in the 6 lug action. The Peak 44 stock is great stuff.
Seekins doesn't make left hand, I asked them a few months ago and they sent me a stupid reply about just shooting one of their right hand guns.

gerry35

WKR
Weatherby sure does make a nice gun if you can swing it. A semi custom Tikka like mentioned earlier might be a good option for you. I believe the Sako 90 comes in a lefty too. I'm a left hand shooter too not as many options out there but there are some good ones.

OP
O

Obie458

FNG
Savage ultralite can be had for $1100 at Cabela's right now. I bought one with a 10% coupon but haven't picked it up yet. Also bought a stocky's stock for it. I am going to be in under $1400 for it. I also own a fierce CT rival and it shoots better than I can shoot it. I have a local fierce dealer so I wasn't to worried about all the bad stories.
That's a pretty good deal at Cabelas. I was considering getting one in 280AI. Unfortunately I can't find a left hand ultralite in 280ai anywhere. I'm wondering if it's discontinued?

mitchparker1980

Lil-Rokslider
Being a lefty myself - here are my thoughts (for what they are worth)

Weatherby - Excellent rifles. Would happily own one
Browning - Great rifles. Would really like to find a Hells Canyon McMillian
Tikka - Great rifles, but (probably like you) I'm looking at fluting a bolt, dropping in a carbon stock, possibly having barrel fluted and threaded - I'm at the price of a nice(r) rifle
Christensen - I love my Mesa FFT. It's super accurate and the Mesa FFT can be had for a fair price
Fierce - Hear enough bad about them to stay away
Savage - owned multiple. All were shooters and between accurate and crazy accurate. Just don't like them
Ruger - Haven't shot one, so no personal conclusions can be made
Cooper - Not enough cheese

For my next rifle - I'm going custom. This way I get exactly what I want and it shouldn't be much more than a mid priced factory rifle (and probably (way) less than the Cooper.

gerry35

WKR
Being a lefty myself - here are my thoughts (for what they are worth)

Weatherby - Excellent rifles. Would happily own one
Browning - Great rifles. Would really like to find a Hells Canyon McMillian
Tikka - Great rifles, but (probably like you) I'm looking at fluting a bolt, dropping in a carbon stock, possibly having barrel fluted and threaded - I'm at the price of a nice(r) rifle
Christensen - I love my Mesa FFT. It's super accurate and the Mesa FFT can be had for a fair price
Fierce - Hear enough bad about them to stay away
Savage - owned multiple. All were shooters and between accurate and crazy accurate. Just don't like them
Ruger - Haven't shot one, so no personal conclusions can be made
Cooper - Not enough cheese

For my next rifle - I'm going custom. This way I get exactly what I want and it shouldn't be much more than a mid priced factory rifle (and probably (way) less than the Cooper.
This is a great post.

2-Stix

WKR
I had two savages and they were crap. Had to send them back and pay all the fees, months of issues and costs. The threads for the scope were drilled off-center and therefore I ran out of windage on the scope.

I went tikka on all 3 and have no issues. Better quality. The savage shot but it was crap fit and finish.

gerry35

WKR
Oh that's dumb. Tikka with a carbon stock would be my choice then.

Weatherby's sure are cool though.
Tikka is the easy button for us LH shooters since they are available and shoot well. I really would like one of the Weatherby rifles one day though, they sure are hitting it out of the park these days.