Fieldcraft is about to be back on the menu boys

ljalberta

WKR
I believe what they told Ryan at SHOT was it would be demand based. So I hope everyone has emailed them a few times asking when they’ll be back.

You are aware that production also ceased during Trump’s time as president, right?

Thus, it would seem unrelated.
Could be unrelated. I haven’t been following the production schedule in detail. I don’t know Barrett’s production capacity, but one could assume that if they have a heavy backlog of government contracts, the retail consumer gets put on the back burner.

atmat

WKR
Could be unrelated. I haven’t been following the production schedule in detail. I don’t know Barrett’s production capacity, but one could assume that if they have a heavy backlog of government contracts, the retail consumer gets put on the back burner.
Barrett has stated that they stopped production because they got a large government contract — I’m not arguing that.

StLPro2A

FNG

Looks like the Barrett Fieldcraft is going to come back in the next 12 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just back from NRA Convention in Dallas. Spoke with several friends at Barrett. Fieldcraft expected back in production in 2025, 2026 at latest. To be produced in Australia as Nioa has more production capacity there, Barrett USA still slammed by the MRAD MK22 military order. Touring Barrett facility in Christianna, TN , those Pelican 1770 cases are stacked floor to roof girders awaiting those slick MK22s. New iteration of Fieldcraft will probably be free-floated barrels rather than original fully bedded. That may help control the price growth.

I have .270, 6.5CM and just this morning bought a 308W. Here goes another "lack of adult supervision" foray into Fieldcrafts. Have full rainbows of every color produced in M107A1, MRAD (including that cool Coyote MK22 Deployment Kit), REC7 DI, and REC10....REC10 only two colors....BORING!!! Fieldcraft may only be offered in one color, but OH!!! all those calibers!!! Had dinner with Ronnie and Donna Barrett last year at NRA Banquet. Pleaded for him not to let Nioa start offering Barretts in Muddy Girl Camo or my significant other is gonna' start collecting also. That really wouldn't be that bad....she's a keeper.

Those Fieldcraft pack light all day in the mountains, but at under 6lbs are a little more rambunctious when you touch one off.....great trade off at day's end.

gtriple

WKR
Just back from NRA Convention in Dallas. Spoke with several friends at Barrett. Fieldcraft expected back in production in 2025, 2026 at latest. To be produced in Australia as Nioa has more production capacity there, Barrett USA still slammed by the MRAD MK22 military order. Touring Barrett facility in Christianna, TN , those Pelican 1770 cases are stacked floor to roof girders awaiting those slick MK22s. New iteration of Fieldcraft will probably be free-floated barrels rather than original fully bedded. That may help control the price growth.

I have .270, 6.5CM and just this morning bought a 308W. Here goes another "lack of adult supervision" foray into Fieldcrafts. Have full rainbows of every color produced in M107A1, MRAD (including that cool Coyote MK22 Deployment Kit), REC7 DI, and REC10....REC10 only two colors....BORING!!! Fieldcraft may only be offered in one color, but OH!!! all those calibers!!! Had dinner with Ronnie and Donna Barrett last year at NRA Banquet. Pleaded for him not to let Nioa start offering Barretts in Muddy Girl Camo or my significant other is gonna' start collecting also. That really wouldn't be that bad....she's a keeper.

Those Fieldcraft pack light all day in the mountains, but at under 6lbs are a little more rambunctious when you touch one off.....great trade off at day's end.
Love to hear that they are coming back, but being free-floated and probably with a carbon fiber stock means that the original FCs aren't going to lose their value anytime soon. Probably one of the last fully bedded mountain rifles that will ever be produced. I know that free-floating has its perks, but the full bedding is going to maintain some uniqueness over time.

So happy that I've got my dream FC in 6.5CM already. Just gotta put more critters down with it.

Free floated really?..My FC is the only rifle I have that's doesn't shift POI when I put a can on...so much for waiting on new one..I will pass I have an entire safe full of free floated bolt guns. Plus an Aussie stamp on the barrel...smh sounds like they are taking a unquie rifle and making it boring...

ljalberta

WKR

Love to hear that. It will be interesting to see what the final iteration of the design is. I like the current fully bedded design, but having a free floated version would make re-barreling easier.

z987k

WKR
Free floated really?..My FC is the only rifle I have that's doesn't shift POI when I put a can on...so much for waiting on new one..I will pass I have an entire safe full of free floated bolt guns. Plus an Aussie stamp on the barrel...smh sounds like they are taking a unquie rifle and making it boring...
Yup. It's like the new forbes rifle, that they fundamentally changed and isn't a forbes but in name.
If it's not fully bedded with the threaded 18.5in barrel, then, well, it's just another rifle that I could buy right now.

bradmacmt

Lil-Rokslider
I had two Barrett's, both with 24" no. 2 barrels - a 6.5CM and 270 Win. They were decently accurate, but I just couldn't warm up to either. The stock was clubby to me, and I wasn't happy with the lack of lower Talley Lightweight mounts. I will say, I'm really no fan of the M700 or its clones for mountain hunting conditions given its waterway channel into the trigger housing. The Fieldcraft takes it even a step further with an undersized bolt that lets all manner of ice, snow, water and crud into the magazine. Ultimately I sold them both - they're just not for me. But I could see someone who lacks my prejudices being content with them.