Fieldcraft is about to be back on the menu boys

prm

WKR
Oooh, that is really good news. I love my Fieldcraft and wouldn’t mind another.

I would love to see them put out a few of those 9 twist 270s they had on the website!

And I’ve got ONE question for this new guy…

Does he want to sell me that 243?

Last edited:

Alder_

Lil-Rokslider
Glad to hear it. It’ll be better when it actually happens. Guess at MSRP increase?

Old ones were $1,299 IIRC. Seems like $2,000-$2,500 is the new $1,300
I am going to say $3000 for non threaded and $3500 for threaded model. They admitted when the stopped production they were way underpriced and if the did start production up again there would be a significant price increase...then add another year of inflation and the cost to borrow money to setup the new production line.

slowelk

WKR
I am going to say $3000 for non threaded and $3500 for threaded model. They admitted when the stopped production they were way underpriced and if the did start production up again there would be a significant price increase...then add another year of inflation and the cost to borrow money to setup the new production line.

$3k for a production rifle? No way.

$2500 is the top-end for a production rifle. At least one that I'd be willing to pay for.

There’s a bunch of 3006’s for sale on their website now, I added one to a cart and it looks ready to ship.
They had been on there awhile back but there was no option to buy as an individual, that has changed.
Might have had something with the Australians buying the company

$1,550-1,690.00

There’s a bunch of 3006’s for sale on their website now, I added one to a cart and it looks ready to ship.
They had been on there awhile back but there was no option to buy as an individual, that has changed.
Might have had something with the Australians buying the company

$1,550-1,690.00
This place? https://barrettfirearmstore.com/contact/

That looks awful scammy to me.

czyolman

FNG
This should be interesting. New vs. old Fieldcrafts might say a lot about the new owners.

Alder_

Lil-Rokslider
What might it say about new owners?

Just curious what your train of thought is.
Mine would be “that’s a nice rifle and I want one”

Probably wouldn’t extend beyond that.

What might it say about new owners?

Just curious what your train of thought is.
Mine would be “that’s a nice rifle and I want one”

Probably wouldn’t extend beyond that.

A lot of companies get sold and quality suffers because new owners start cutting corners to maximize profits. Just look at literally every company that freedom group bought if you want a perfect example. It doesn't happen every time, but it happens very frequently.

Hopefully they don't ruin Barrett.

Greg1953

FNG