Favorite Instant Pot Recipes?

I'm late to the Instant Pot craze, seems like a great way to experiment with food this coming winter. Also to introduce the kids to some easy ways to cook great food. Make meal prep more of a family activity. Instant Pot Pro 8 qt is on the way with some accessories, clear lid, steamer basket, etc.

I've Googled a bunch of recipes lately online, but always prefer to hear recommendations from like minded folks.

Post or link your favorites or caution against the ones you didn't care for, just looking for some ideas I haven't discovered yet.

I definitely recommend downloading the instant pot app. And when you get it downloaded look up braised chipotle beef recipe! I've made it a couple of times now and it's really good!

Instapot round steak
2 lbs round steak or any “tougher” cut
1 pack onion soup
1 cup water
1 can cream of mushroom soup.
Cut the steak small, put in the bottom of the instapot, add the other ingredients, stir. Put the top on, cook for 20 minutes.
Put on top of rice or egg noodles
Good and quick

My Go To Fast Kid's Love It Spaghetti: https://www.thekitchn.com/instant-pot-spaghetti-264230

Broccoli / Beef: https://www.simplyhappyfoodie.com/instant-pot-beef-broccoli/ (I make the rice separate in a rice cooker, but I guess it can all be done in there)

Honey Garlic Chicken another kid favorite: https://diethood.com/instant-pot-honey-garlic-chicken-recipe/

Korean Ground Beef: https://www.simplyhappyfoodie.com/instant-pot-korean-ground-beef-bulgogi/ (again I make the rice seperate and then make a Sriracha Mayo (1/4 C real Mayo, 1 TBSP sriracha, 2 tsp lime juice mixed on the side), Tortillas, and chopped leeks (or green onions) and diced tomatoes. Makes for some killer tacos, but it is not ALL in the Instant Pot.

Honestly two of my kids LOVE the homemade yogurt. Watch on youtube, and note that you can use the whey (if you strain it to greek) to make your next batch.

And I just started making cheesecake with recipe from a friend of mine. That was a huge hit too.

One of my fav's is just the 5-5-5 method for hard boiling eggs. I use them to make a cob salad or for deviled eggs.

Kids now like it when dad cooks!!!! This kind of ended up being what my wife and I call a "for-you, for-me" gift as I use it way more than she does.

Super simple but awesome breakfast I make in instapot:

1 cup steel cut oats
2.25 cups water
pressure cook for 4 minutes and let pressure release naturally

about 20-25 minutes total cook time with excellent results (and no stirring). firm oatmeal texture — you can experiment with water ratio to get texture you like. Also scales up/down no problem.

I make a batch every week and eat over several days (microwave next day)

i serve with chopped raw almonds, blueberries, cream, and real maple syrup. Getting hungry thinking about it!

Mac and cheese. Chicken Tikka Masala. Heck, hard boiled eggs. Pasta.

I tried one the other night that went like this:
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs (thawed, not frozen)
1 jar marinara sauce, whatever kind you like.

Salt the chicken thighs, then dump them in the pot. Pour the marinara in, then seal the lid. Pressure cook on high for 5 minutes, let natural release for 10, then rapid release. Pull the thighs out and shred them with a couple of forks (like pulled pork), then back in the sauce and stir. Serve over noodles, rice, polenta, mashed potatoes, or whatever tickles your fancy. We had polenta the first night and it was ok, then it just seemed to get better for a couple of meals until it was gone. I put it on some leftover white rice and it was fantastic! Fed two of us for about 3-4 meals.

Just did easy beef stew in pressure cooker @15# . Should be high in insta pot I’d say.

4# rump roast cubed, 2 packets McCormick stew seasoning, 3 bay leaves, cubed potatoes, onions and carrots , 6 cups beef broth. Can throw in frozen veg. Just after pressure release and they cook while thickening.

Pressure Cooked flour browned beef in the broth and seasoning 12 min. , then added vegetables and cooked 4 min. thickened with flour and broth mix.
I made up zip lock bags of this in the summer and froze to take hunting.

Chopped onion
Can corn
Couple cans rotell tomatoes
Couple cans beans (black, pinto, whatever)
Roast
Cook time depends on roast size.
Shred meat for burritos, over eggs or rice.

I do bone in shanks. bone in or boneless neck roasts, whole shoulders off of smaller does. They will dry out without enough liquid and longer cook times and pressure that most domestic animals call for

Wild hog chops when I shoot one that’s tough. Put chops in the insta pot with a cut onion, a lot of soy sauce, bunch of brown sugar, a lot of fresh grated ginger, garlic and some hoisin sauce. I’ll usually add beer to it so the liquid covers the meat.

Cook until they are very tender but you don’t want them falling apart since they are bone in chops.

Once cooked remove from the pot, place on a cookie sheet or rack and brush a good amount of hoisin sauce back onto them, broil for a few minutes until the sauce starts to bubble.

I serve them topped with crushed peanuts and chopped fresh cilantro on top of the chops. If you don’t like cilantro do chopped green onion instead.

S*it on a Shingle

Cook chuck roast with 12 oz of beef broth, salt, pepper, garlic, celery, carrots, and onions for 60-70 minutes in instapot, serve over mashed potatoes on a slice of toasted french bread.

I make venison stew about twice a month at my office. Many different varieties. Cream sauce, wine, floured, apple juice; its all good. The beauty is I can throw in a frozen solid roast cut with a little bacon and water and pressure cook to tenderness in an hour, then add onions, potatoes, mixed veggies, and pressure cook 10 minutes and have a few days of awesome healthy lunches. I'll often throw in a bone in pork chop or some chicken thighs to add more savory to the venison flavors. Dirt cheap and healthy as it gets.

Back