Fat Guy Weekly Weigh In.

btafoya

FNG
I'll join in too, weighing in at 264 as of 04-01-19, my goal is to get down to 220 again. Once got there but ended up gaining it all past 4 years, it sucks. for now, cardio is my main form of weight loss, long distance trail running and minimal weight lifting. My diet is what's majority of cardio workouts, so if anyone could give me tips on what to be eating after a workout, i appreciate it. i've done my research, it's just i gotta be consistent.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
215 here. Started at 290 almost 2 years ago. I am finding the last 20 are almost impossible to shed. I know I need to dial in on diet more, but after sprints and kettlebell swing complexes, I find my appetite is thru the roof.

what does your diet consist of? What do your proteins and carbs look like in a day?

I'll join in too, weighing in at 264 as of 04-01-19, my goal is to get down to 220 again. Once got there but ended up gaining it all past 4 years, it sucks. for now, cardio is my main form of weight loss, long distance trail running and minimal weight lifting. My diet is what's majority of cardio workouts, so if anyone could give me tips on what to be eating after a workout, i appreciate it. i've done my research, it's just i gotta be consistent.

Consistency is key. Even if I'm tired and have no desire to go to the gym, I still do. I may not run for an hour, but I still get about 30 minutes in. Some days I am able to power through and do go the whole hour, and on those days I feel a real sense of accomplishment.

My diet is nothing special, just a basic reduced calorie plan. I do watch my carbs and sugars and try not to snack so much.

I do cardio and weights both, alternating days. I try to do this everyday. Cardio burns calories right now. Muscle burns calories all day long. My goal is to be a better Backcountry Hunter, so my training is focused around that. 60 minutes on the Stairmaster with a 50lb pack, and hour walking at a 15% incline, or jogging 5 miles is my cardio. For weights I try to do full body exercises and am now doing more core and balance related drills. I don't bother with the "glory muscles".

I figure loosing weight is good, but gaining the strength and endurance for my style of hunting is my real motivator

Wrench

WKR
Can you help me out with the keto? i'm a newbie with keto
I'm not a doctor or nutritionist, but I know that for me and several others eating a diet without sugar and carbs combined with high fat and moderate protein was a miracle for me.

Understandthat keto is all in or all out. There's no middle ground. For me it's easy because I love the food and portion control isn't much of an issue.

ChrisAU

WKR
209.6 a week ago, 209 flat today. Actually happy with that, expected it to be up. A lot of stress at work, missed workouts for turkey hunting, and especially bad eating and drinking with Auburn marching so far in the basketball tourney.

ChrisS

WKR
Office lunches are terrible. I notched my tag on a salted caramel cookie ... and then punched another tag on an oatmeal raisin one. So I ran 4 miles this morning to atone. Might have to run tomorrow, too.

Wrench

WKR
Office lunches are terrible. I notched my tag on a salted caramel cookie ... and then punched another tag on an oatmeal raisin one. So I ran 4 miles this morning to atone. Might have to run tomorrow, too.
I hear you. In a few weeks I've had to bury a grandparent, have a kid in the hospital in bad shape and had an involuntary change in employment.

I fell off the wagon and ate some crap I shouldn't have, but I haven't had time to tie my shoes....I came up 7lbs and have managed to shed 5 of those.

Sometimes life happens. Power through.

crmiller84

Lil-Rokslider
Didn't get weighed in on Monday, weighed in yesterday. 193 even. Down a total of 31# from a year ago and down a solid 12# since Jan. 1.

Everything for me has been running, counting every calorie, and trying to get in about half the carbs that would be on a "standard diet". I use MyFitnessPal to track food, and try to hit a 33/33/33 macro ratio for carbs/protein/fat. So far so good.

227 today, hanging around 227-228 for the last 6 weeks or so- but that's down from 268 last august. so I'm good. Got a vacation coming up in a couple weeks- so gonna hang on to this and then hit it hard again upon return.
good news is strength is coming along very well- gains in all of the big 3- squat, DL, Bench.
started rucking 2x/week last week- 30lbs to start, 2 miles first day- flat. 4 miles second day- with some hills.
Keep the fire lit!

226 on the bathroom scale with no shoes.

I had been doing better, but I got back into the pre-workout mixes. They give that little added boost to get up early but I feel like they also make it harder to drop weight.
My fingers are definitely swollen as my ring is tight again.

I’m trying to do cardio 3 days a week and legs one or two days. The door at the gym was screwed up this morning so it was a little road work with the dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Start of this thread 240.6
Today 223.9
This week -2.6
Total loss -16.7

Still dropping nicely but the real test for me starts today. I head back on the road for work, which means construction site food trucks, hotel delivery and restaurants. I’ve packed up a batch of tuna packets and low carb wraps that I hope help. I’ll need a lot of willpower tho.

tjennings3

Lil-Rokslider
Just found this and could use the accountability:

Started 3/1 at 275.5
This morning 263.3

Working out (cardio and some weights) 6 mornings a week. Watching food, eliminated snacking on junk. Biggest help so far was cutting out beer during weekdays, still have a few on the weekend.

Hoping to be 225 by October for second season rifle in CO.

strand

Lil-Rokslider
3/4 - 242
4/1 - 230
4/8 - 229

The needle is still moving in the right direction. No missed workouts last week, and I even managed to sneak in a mid-week hike after work on Wednesday. My appetite has been high lately, so keeping my food intake in check has been tough. I need to do some more food prep so I have a few small meals ready throughout the day when I get hungry instead of reaching for some garbage from the gas station.