Explain this to me

Squirrels

WKR
I learned of this a few months back and immediately called Amazon to discuss. Long story short I cancelled my Prime membership. I've mentioned this somewhere on Rokslide before. Right or wrong, agree or disagree; my real question is: how is this not price discrimination? Want equality, charge everyone the same. Think about it, what's next? Am I going to paying more for gas and groceries than mailbox check collectors in the near future??
1649258507173.png

bsnedeker

WKR
I learned of this a few months back and immediately called Amazon to discuss. Long story short I cancelled my Prime membership. I've mentioned this somewhere on Rokslide before. Right or wrong, agree or disagree; my real question is: how is this not price discrimination? Want equality, charge everyone the same. Think about it, what's next? Am I going to paying more for gas and groceries than mailbox check collectors in the near future??
View attachment 398663
Do you think student and retiree discounts are price discrimination?

Are you seriously upset that people on food stamps and government assistance are getting a discount that you don't?

That's.... interesting.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

OP
Squirrels

Squirrels

WKR
Do you think student and retiree discounts are price discrimination?

Are you seriously upset that people on food stamps and government assistance are getting a discount that you don't?

That's.... interesting.

Not upset. Just don't understand. Students are just that, students and have limited time to work to earn an income. Seniors discounts, those folks have spent their time in the work force already. So students and seniors, I'm good with that. I'm talking about able bodied folks getting something cheaper just because they have chosen not to work. What seems to be interesting about my view??

bsnedeker

WKR
Not upset. Just don't understand. Students are just that, students and have limited time to work to earn an income. Seniors discounts, those folks have spent their time in the work force already. So students and seniors, I'm good with that. I'm talking about able bodied folks getting something cheaper just because they have chosen not to work. What seems to be interesting about my view??
If you really need that 8 bucks a month bro we're here for you.

RSers, can someone set up a go fund me for squirrels here. 100 bucks a year and he'd be all set!

Btaylor

WKR
Are sure everyone on medicare is able bodied? I do not disagree with the disdain for able bodied folks mooching the system but there are a lot of folks out there that legitimately need assistance.

OP
Squirrels

Squirrels

WKR
If you really need that 8 bucks a month bro we're here for you.

RSers, can someone set up a go fund me for squirrels here. 100 bucks a year and he'd be all set!

I don't need the 8 bucks, things are just fine at my house but I do appreciate your willingness to help out. Just out of curiosity would you be willing to pay more for all the goods you purchase based on your income? It's more of a where does the line get drawn?

swavescatter

Pain in the butt!
Are you against military/first responder discounts? Do you think our country should have a flat tax rate for everyone?

Your assumption is that everyone on welfare is able bodied and somehow profiting off a membership to a private company - I think you just need to step away and realize private companies can charge whatever they want to whomever they want, unless it’s discriminatory to a protected class of citizen (legal definitions here).

OP
Squirrels

Squirrels

WKR
Are sure everyone on medicare is able bodied? I do not disagree with the disdain for able bodied folks mooching the system but there are a lot of folks out there that legitimately need assistance.
No, I don't think everyone on medicare is able bodied, it's the able bodied folks that get in my craw. Lot's of folks need real assistance and I understand that and agree it is warranted.

OP
Squirrels

Squirrels

WKR
Are you against military/first responder discounts? Do you think our country should have a flat tax rate for everyone?

Your assumption is that everyone on welfare is able bodied and somehow profiting off a membership to a private company - I think you just need to step away and realize private companies can charge whatever they want to whomever they want, unless it’s discriminatory to a protected class of citizen (legal definitions here).
I am not against military/first responders or veterans getting discounts.

OP
Squirrels

Squirrels

WKR
Be thankful that you are not a 'mailbox check collector'..............I guess its all in what your perspective is.
True that....I guess if wanted the discount I could quit my job and just not work...hahah

bsnedeker

WKR
You aren't paying more; just some are paying less.
This is the opposite end of the spectrum of "the rich are stealing from the poor".

Why people get upset about what others people have, or don't have, is a complete mystery to me. Be thankful for what you have man.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
They are not doing this out of the kindness of their heart. It's a marketing ploy. It hopefully will get more people to join at discounted prices. They are not losing money at those prices. I will say it does kind of bother me that those who are to lazy to go out and get a job will get the benefit of lower price. There is a financial benefit to being a prime member, but why do the need the discounted price, they shouldn't be able to afford to purchase the products in the first place because of their financial hardship position. I have no problem assisting those who are truly in need, but I hate helping the lazy.