exo mountain pack

twall13

WKR
Was corresponding with Steve this am about my pack order and he mentioned that the new website will be online this week. He said that right now there is a 10 week lead time on my 3500 pack that I just ordered. He also said that the interior mesh pockets will be on the website for $9.99/ea.
Did he mention whether or not any of the mesh pockets come with the new packs? I would assume maybe one comes with the pack purchase and additional pockets could be added for that cost but I'd like to know for sure. I'm thinking I want 2 for my pack.

ndflatlander

Lil-Rokslider
Did he mention whether or not any of the mesh pockets come with the new packs? I would assume maybe one comes with the pack purchase and additional pockets could be added for that cost but I'd like to know for sure. I'm thinking I want 2 for my pack.

I didn't receive any mesh pockets with my 2015.

twall13

WKR
I get it, I was just hoping since the 2014 models had one sewn in the 2015 models might include one as part of the package with the option to purchase more but no big deal. I like the modularity of the new ones better and will gladly pay for the updated version.

I'll try to get most of the questions from the last few pages answered here in this post.

The meat shelf is a great accessory and adds versatility to load hauling because you can easily control the height of the load (about 8" up and down). It isn't necessary but highly recommended especially if you haul a lot of boned out meat.

Belt sizing was tweaked from the 2014 packs, each belt is roughly 1.5" longer overall so some of the medium guys from 2014 may need a small now. I wear a 32/33 in jeans and completely max out a medium belt with 100lbs in the pack. We added some Cordura to the back side of the belt so it is sewn "looser" to the pack. This really helps the belt sit at the correct hip angle depending on your build and in our opinion was jump up in feel and comfort. We stumbled on this accidentally when we were testing completely removing the Polycarbonate out of the backside of the belt just to see how it would feel.

The lumbar pad is the exact same size as the 2014 packs but you can easily remove the foam if you want to and replace with something else. We plan to have a few different foam options as accessories on the website this summer, Lenny is testing one right now that gives the belt almost a one piece feel.

We are working away on the new website as fast as we can. Its really, really close to being done just finding the extra time to do the finishing touches has been tough.

On the mesh pockets those are accessories and not included with the pack. I had guys email me last year asking for more pockets and others telling me they cut the old pocket out because it was in the way. We figured this was the best solution to address both of those issues.

As of right now we are roughly 10 weeks out on packs until we get caught up. Production will really start ramping up as we get to May though so as summer hits delivery times we hope get a lot quicker.

Thanks,
Steve

The Exo belt needs the DOUBLE power pull loops. With that there is zero belt slipping. I had brought this up many times. I was hoping it was going to be one of the 2015 changes. It is a huge improvement for a few pennies.

I know we've talked about this on the phone before. You are not referring to the actual webbing slipping once its cinched all up but the two layers of webbing binding as you cinch the belt down correct?

ElkNut1

WKR
Steve, can this meat shelf for boned quarters be added to our last years packs & is it available now? Great idea for the loose meat! I assume it's installed in the same area as meat is put into now between the main bag & frame? Thanks!

ElkNut1

Steve, can this meat shelf for boned quarters be added to our last years packs & is it available now? Great idea for the loose meat! I assume it's installed in the same area as meat is put into now between the main bag & frame? Thanks!

ElkNut1

Paul,
Yeah we had the meat shelf available last year actually. It attaches to the 1" webbing loops that are sewn to the frame panel and back of the bag. Next time you're in town let me know and swing by the shop.

Steve

Thanks so much for this info Steve, it's really helpful. Especially the info about the belt. I have the exact waist size as you and was going back and forth on which size to get. I have a medium pre-ordered. The fact that you are working on a padding option that will give the belt the feel of a one piece is really cool. I would probably lean toward wanting that option as thick pads bother my lower back. It seems to me though that this might in essence lengthen the belt. Which in turn makes me think I might want to go with a small belt so I am not bottoming out when I really want to cinch it down for a heavy pack out. Does any of that make sense?

Thanks so much for this info Steve, it's really helpful. Especially the info about the belt. I have the exact waist size as you and was going back and forth on which size to get. I have a medium pre-ordered. The fact that you are working on a padding option that will give the belt the feel of a one piece is really cool. I would probably lean toward wanting that option as thick pads bother my lower back. It seems to me though that this might in essence lengthen the belt. Which in turn makes me think I might want to go with a small belt so I am not bottoming out when I really want to cinch it down for a heavy pack out. Does any of that make sense?

Absolutely makes sense. I did a hike the other day with 100lbs in the pack and no lumbar pad at all with a medium belt. I wanted to really get a feel for how the frame reacted with my lower back as I hiked. Surprisingly it felt decent with zero padding which shocked me but I did completely max out the adjustment and needed a little more to really get it tight.

69ChrisCraft

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure if this has been covered yet in the previous 100+ pages....how does the fabric compare to the SG Solo in terms of noise? I'm looking for a pack that I will still hunt with and need to minimize noise when sneaking through brush.

Not sure if this has been covered yet in the previous 100+ pages....how does the fabric compare to the SG Solo in terms of noise? I'm looking for a pack that I will still hunt with and need to minimize noise when sneaking through brush.

We use pretty much the same 500d Cordura for the majority of the pack. However the stretch fabric that we use covers the lower side pockets and almost the entire back of the bag. It is a much quieter material than the Cordura so when walking through thick brush it makes less noise than if the entire pack was made out of Cordura.

69ChrisCraft

Lil-Rokslider
We use pretty much the same 500d Cordura for the majority of the pack. However the stretch fabric that we use covers the lower side pockets and almost the entire back of the bag. It is a much quieter material than the Cordura so when walking through thick brush it makes less noise than if the entire pack was made out of Cordura.
Excellent. Thank you. I'll have to get myself on the preorder list.