exo mountain pack

ndflatlander

Lil-Rokslider
Gen 2? Please post pics.....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425931327.320630.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1425931350.659321.jpg

Just took it out of the box to look it over. I never laid hands on the 2014 but I like the changes that were made so far like the floating lid vs. the fixed reverse lid. Also the shoulder harness adjustment looks to be better and more permanent than the strap/ slide adjustment. They went to a neat little rope and lock system to close up the top of the side pockets. Just a few things I noticed off the bat. Gonna load it up and take it for a spin tonight.

Very Nice! Mine is supposed to ship this week... can't wait :D Little concerned about the side pockets and rain exposure here in PNW, but I guess that is what a rain cover is for...

jherald

WKR
Question for Exo guys. I'm 32 3/4 on the waist taped not squeeze or gut sucking. With wearing pants, belt, base layer all together probly into the 33.5-34 range. Would the medium belt work for me or should I go with a small belt? I like a good full hip wrap with a pack belt for heavy load support for things like packing out a sheep and camp but also dont want the belt to bottom out on the compression. At the same time dont want it too small to not give enough wrap around the hips/iliac.

Thoughts?

Question for Exo guys. I'm 32 3/4 on the waist taped not squeeze or gut sucking. With wearing pants, belt, base layer all together probly into the 33.5-34 range. Would the medium belt work for me or should I go with a small belt? I like a good full hip wrap with a pack belt for heavy load support for things like packing out a sheep and camp but also dont want the belt to bottom out on the compression. At the same time dont want it too small to not give enough wrap around the hips/iliac.

Thoughts?

I'm not your size, but I would recommend medium. I have a measured 35 inch waist, and wear 34 in all pants, except Kuiu where I take a 36 (which I need a belt to hold up).

I started with a medium belt, and it worked fine with just a t-shirt, but as soon as I would add any layers the padding was not coming as far forward as I would have liked. The biggest issue I found was that the waist belt pockets ended up awkwardly far back. I switched to a large belt and definitely prefer it.

twall13

WKR

Thoughts?

I'd contact Steve directly with that question, either via email or phone. I'm kind of between the Medium and Large sizes and when I asked him about it he mentioned they had made some changes to the belt sizing on the 2015 packs so your best bet is to contact them directly.

Poser

WKR

Thoughts?

Medium should be fine. I'm a bit smaller than you in the waist and, though I'm close to borderline small size, I'm not in danger of bottoming out yet.