exo mountain pack

I'd contact Steve directly with that question, either via email or phone. I'm kind of between the Medium and Large sizes and when I asked him about it he mentioned they had made some changes to the belt sizing on the 2015 packs so your best bet is to contact them directly.

Good to know they made some changes, I'll have to call him about my 2015 on order!

ndflatlander

Lil-Rokslider
ndflatlander-did you get a chance to hike around with a load in this pack? Thoughts?

I filled it to 30lbs and just walked around the house with it for a bit but that's all. I really like how it carries so far. This weekend I'm going to put 50lbs in it and go for a hike I will keep you posted. The more I play with this pack the more I love it. It's simple, effective, and well thought out.

For any of you guys with the 2015 new version... Is the lumbar pad thickness adjustable? Was it adjustable in the 2014 version? Thanks!

I had the 2014 model 3500 and now have the 2015 3500. The lumbar pad is much bigger in the 2015 model length and width. I don't know if Steve offers additional pads for the lumbar pad to adjust thickness but it does come off and you have access to the pads.

I had the 2014 model 3500 and now have the 2015 3500. The lumbar pad is much bigger in the 2015 model length and width. I don't know if Steve offers additional pads for the lumbar pad to adjust thickness but it does come off and you have access to the pads.

Have you find a difference in th functionality between the two different belts/pads? I've used Kifaru Bikini Frame and I found the lumbar pad became irritating after a while with a 40 pond pack. When cinched up tight to keep the belt from slipping, it created a lot of pressure at the pad.

I would love it if one of you guys with the new model packs would post some pics with it stuffed and on your backs. Both a 3500 and a 5500!

ndflatlander

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks ND! Is the volume maxed out in that pic? Looks like you have your bag strapped to the outside... Looks like it really has some load lift available there!

The main compartment is about 75% full with the bag and pad in a stuff sack strapped to the bottom and nothing in the side pockets or lid. Gonna put 80lbs in the load shelf tomorrow to see how it feels.

ndflatlander

Lil-Rokslider
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426445212.606740.jpg
Ok today I did just under 2 miles with 80lbs in the load shelf. This pack works and feels great. The load shelf keeps the weight nice and high. Everything cinched good and tight. The frame and belt move nicely with weight in the pack.
I apologize if this pic posts up fuzzy like all the rest I post not sure what I'm doing Wrong.

That's encouraging to hear, even with 80 in there it look like the load lifters are still working. How did you find the bely to be with that weight? Could you get it to stay in place without slipping? It looks like you wear your belt where I like to wear mine... Any hotspots? How did the lumbar pad feel with that weight?

The Exo belt needs the DOUBLE power pull loops. With that there is zero belt slipping. I had brought this up many times. I was hoping it was going to be one of the 2015 changes. It is a huge improvement for a few pennies.

ndflatlander

Lil-Rokslider
That's encouraging to hear, even with 80 in there it look like the load lifters are still working. How did you find the bely to be with that weight? Could you get it to stay in place without slipping? It looks like you wear your belt where I like to wear mine... Any hotspots? How did the lumbar pad feel with that weight?

Everything worked great no belt slipping or readjustment needed.. No hotspots. The lumbar pad is good I thought it was going to be too big at first but under normal and heavy loads it feels great and I hardly notice it honestly... I think the SINGLE power pull belt works perfectly....

Good to know they made some changes, I'll have to call him about my 2015 on order!

Was corresponding with Steve this am about my pack order and he mentioned that the new website will be online this week. He said that right now there is a 10 week lead time on my 3500 pack that I just ordered. He also said that the interior mesh pockets will be on the website for $9.99/ea.