exo mountain pack

stephen b

WKR
Quick ?- I have someone that is interested in the pack I am selling and he is only concerned about 2nd owner and EXO warranty and whether it is extended. I told him I assume it would be no problem, as their warranty does not say only original owner.

"Lifetime Warranty
Exo Mountain Gear is extremely proud to make our packs 100% in Boise, ID USA. We stand behind the products we make and offer a lifetime warranty against material defects and workmanship. If for some reason something does happen outside of that scope we will gladly repair the item for you at a reasonable cost."

Anyone know if 2nd owner is any issue. With most USA top end pack manufactures- it usually is not.

hflier

WKR
I deal in warranty clauses all the time and the way that is written it is transferable. But they are a small business and can change the rules anytime.

I'm sure Steve and Lenny would do him right. Also let him know he is buying an incredible pack. Not a glass vase.

dotman

WKR
Quick ?- I have someone that is interested in the pack I am selling and he is only concerned about 2nd owner and EXO warranty and whether it is extended. I told him I assume it would be no problem, as their warranty does not say only original owner.

"Lifetime Warranty
Exo Mountain Gear is extremely proud to make our packs 100% in Boise, ID USA. We stand behind the products we make and offer a lifetime warranty against material defects and workmanship. If for some reason something does happen outside of that scope we will gladly repair the item for you at a reasonable cost."

Anyone know if 2nd owner is any issue. With most USA top end pack manufactures- it usually is not.

If it isn't this is a negative to buying as it can kill resale value. I bet it'll be fine.

Just put a stone glacier weapon sling on my EXO 3500 since bow season ends tomorrow. Fits really well only needed one extra 1" tri slide and it functions great

Dobie07

FNG
Does anyone know if any other manufacturers make a load panel that is compatible with this pack? The EXO load panel/beavertail is currently only available in Coyote Brown, and my pack is ASAT. Wanting to stick with one in camo preferrably. I was eyeing the GrabIT II from Kifaru, but am unable to determine, if it will be compatible with the Exo pack. is there anyone that has tried this, or if you have an exo load panel and can describe how it attaches to the exo pack, and wether or not you think it would be compatible. Thanks!

Stid2677

WKR
Does anyone know if any other manufacturers make a load panel that is compatible with this pack? The EXO load panel/beavertail is currently only available in Coyote Brown, and my pack is ASAT. Wanting to stick with one in camo preferrably. I was eyeing the GrabIT II from Kifaru, but am unable to determine, if it will be compatible with the Exo pack. is there anyone that has tried this, or if you have an exo load panel and can describe how it attaches to the exo pack, and wether or not you think it would be compatible. Thanks!

Look at my photos in post 122 of this thread, shows my Grab-it on my EXO frame.

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/showthread.php?17063-exo-mountain-pack/page7

Dobie07

FNG
I fully understand that he is a one man show who had a nice piece of kit everyone wanted take off on him and that he is a hardcore hunter using his product, I have nothing but respect for the man and what he's doing. With that being said, there are issues that the pack has and his customer service that I personally didn't like. I, like most folks have certain times that I will wait all year long for vacation so when I try to get my gear for these trips and don't get it, or have issues getting it, I am not happy and I will shop elsewhere. I wouldn't mind it so much if there was a bettter job of communication, via email, text or even a post here or on his website, but there just isn't. I knew posting this would get some attention and that is fine, it is the same with die hard Kifaru, Mystery Ranch, Kuiu, Kryptek, and the list goes on users. I don't think it's a bad pack, just not for me.

Justin,
Very sorry your customer experience with us wasn't a good one. I remember playing phone tag with you quite a few times, those two weeks I was on the road more than I was home so getting anything done while I wasn't in the shop was very hard. We are taking a lot of steps so in the future we will have better communication and shipping times.

Thanks,
Steve

I was just trying to make sure I was on the October/November release of packs so i sent an email in mid September and still have not heard anything back.

We are still shooting for a November delivery on the next run of packs. Sorry I haven't communicated on here well the last few months, between keeping up with work and hunting seasons in full swings things have been busy.

We don't have an exact date on when packs will be ready but they are in progress, as soon as we know for sure I'll be in touch with everyone to get the final order in and ready to go.

Thanks,
Steve

sneaky

"DADDY"
Hopefully before Nov 15th so I can try it out on whitetail in northern Idaho. If not I might just hold off til next year

Evergreen

WKR
Hopefully sooner than that or I will be doing the same. Mine missed the last cutoff date by 6 days order on July 29th

Last edited:

Kotaman

WKR
I was "on the list" for the next run but ended up finding one from a member here. Had good communication with Steve getting my name off the list. Overall, I like the pack. It is going to fill a niche for me without having to use my bigger Kifarus all the time. For me, it is no Kifaru, but it is a very nice pack.

n2horns

WKR
Just got back from a Coues deer hunt, packed out both hide quarters without issue. Pack felt great and carried load well. Other than it being a little bloody, it worked out.

Has anyone had to wash or have a way to get the blood out? Once out is it better to waterproof the back panels for the blood to not get on as much? Using this as my hiking backpack too.