Exo Mountain K4?

thedutchtouch

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve used both Exo’s inReach pouch that mounts on their bags, and the Aziak Garmin mount that can mount on almost any piece of webbing. Both are great.
Aren't those all for the mini, not the messenger?

I have a mini 2, one of the reasons I went with it over the messenger is the mounting etc options. Seems like Garmin designed the messenger to be a keep in your pack and pull it out with your phone when you're sending messages device.

Edit: too slow lol

waldo9190

WKR
I’m a big dumb and didn’t even know the Messenger was a thing. You’re correct.
I think the Mini series gets so much love that not many people really know much about the Messenger. I went with it for the additional battery life and more simple design.

Fortunately being a design engineer with CAD/3D printing at my disposal, I should be able to come up with something useful.

twall13

WKR
I picked up the rifle carrier, Crib, Garmin holder, and some buckles this morning as well. Thanks Exo!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Also ordered a small belt. Lost a couple of pounds and the medium was touching at the front trying to keep a 50lb pack up. If anyone wanted a Medium belt on the cheap I’ll happily ship it your way.

MTFred

FNG
Ordered me a crib, blaze lid, rifle carrier, lid straps, another stash pocket and some strap keepers about an hour ago. Cant wait to round out my K4 5000. Thank goodness yesterday was pay day hahaha.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Here is how I have my Mini 2 setup on my HPG chest rig with the new mini pouch from exo.

Attachments

• IMG_0951.JPEG
    IMG_0951.JPEG
    196.5 KB · Views: 67

finner

Lil-Rokslider
Does a rifle with a triad tactical or similar stock pack fit easily into the stock holder? Ordered anyways but curious if anyone has an idea

MHWASH

WKR
Looking forward to the reviews. I don't care for the idea of taking my pack off to remount the rifle. Also wondering how it works if you have a Nalgene in that pocket as well.

VEDO

FNG
I have a k3 4800. Great pack. Debating the upgrade but man $$$. Can't believe they are 117 pages discussing a backpack ha and still more to come I'm sure. Nitty gritty.

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Looking forward to the reviews. I don't care for the idea of taking my pack off to remount the rifle. Also wondering how it works if you have a Nalgene in that pocket as well.
Taking the pack off to re-attach the rifle was necessary if we wanted to design the K4 Rifle Carrier in a way that kept the rifle as secure as possible. For us, the absolute security of the rifle was certainly a priority, then the quick-access usability, and re-attachment was low on the list. It is certainly easy to have a buddy you're hunting with re-attach the rifle, if you're with someone. Otherwise quickly taking the pack off to secure the rifle is pretty quick and painless.

And you will want to run the Nalgene Holder on the opposite side of the rifle when using our Rifle Carrier.

Curious, your website say's that the new rifle carrier will work for the K3 Packs... Is there going to be a video on how to install it on that pack? or is it fairly the same as the K4 install?
The new Rifle Carrier and Blaze Lid are live on the site now...

https://exomtngear.com/rifle

https://exomtngear.com/blazelid

As always, feel free to call/email if you have any questions!

View attachment 583421
Curious, your website say's that the new rifle carrier will work for the K3 Packs... Is there going to be a video on how to install it on that pack? or is it fairly the same as the K4 install?

Last edited: