Exo Mountain K4?

It'll fit an EH-1 with a Triad stock pack, you kinda have to want it but it fits.
Yea, my CA Ridgeline with a stock pack is tight. I'm hoping it breaks in a little. I agree, it's doable, but snug.

Factory tikkas stocks work perfectly tho :)

I think putting it on in field conditions will take a bit of practice - it's totally doable and worth it while carrying, but having the pack on the ground on its side and putting the butt in for these snug rifles takes a little practice :)

Really dig it tho.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I think putting it on in field conditions will take a bit of practice - it's totally doable and worth it while carrying, but having the pack on the ground on its side and putting the butt in for these snug rifles takes a little practice :)

Really dig it tho.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Concur on all. My stock is also tight, and it's a bit awkward to get to the release buckle, but it's exactly what I'm looking for. Even with limited shoulder mobility after a surgery, I can chicken wing my arm up and get to the buckle. I've tried a few different rifle carriers and have never been really happy with how secure the rifle was or having the rifle constantly in my face. I think this will work great for my goals that are biased towards having the rifle secure but still being able to access it.

MTFred

FNG
Got my order in 72 hours, outstanding!!! I was able to fit the rifle carrier and my bear spray holster through the same molle. I was curious if that would work or not. The only downside is I had to remove my bipods to get this carrier to work. Other than that, its all good and dial in. Ready for the wood in a month.

How’s everyone mounting a bugle holder? I tried a few different mounts including using the Nalgene holder and the tuck behind. Found this to be the best option until/if EXO comes out with one. Mounted it with the rubber coated wire into the Nalgene holder molle webbing. Works great.

cf22886ebcfdc36ab4216bdc3f40e0b7.jpg

486c337f60d2c6c291bf6d28a0cd55cc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lintond

WKR
I bought a mole plastic clip that’s often on the back of holsters and screwed it to my holder.
1d303c897a1ee86993f9c99ec133d194.jpg

rclouse79

WKR
How’s everyone mounting a bugle holder? I tried a few different mounts including using the Nalgene holder and the tuck behind. Found this to be the best option until/if EXO comes out with one. Mounted it with the rubber coated wire into the Nalgene holder molle webbing. Works great.

I used Velcro strap through the molle and around the bugle tube holder. I was happy with how secure it is.

I saw that bendable came out with a K4 specific bugle mount recently

Attachments

• IMG_7784.png
    IMG_7784.png
    673.9 KB · Views: 98
Super fast shipping, here 48 hours after ordering. Thanks exo, more well made gear.

Initial fiddling report- reaching back to unbuckle is somewhat awkward, but something I can get used to. I can almost unbuckle by reaching across with my left hand as well, though my pack is loaded with 2 25 lb dumbbells, not full volume so that may change things.

Also dumb newbie question- when using a rifle carrier like this, do you all generally forgoe a rifle sling as well? Feels like it may get in the way but may be nice to have either option. I dunno, I need to carry less in general so perhaps that's one of the things to lose.
I don’t own a sling at all anymore, but I actually despise them. With a good carry system, a sling is a downgrade imo

I’m not sure how I’ll like the rifle carrier but I’m going to try to order one in the morning on our way offshore before running out of reception. I’m not sure I’ll like it sitting as far back as it does, but I certainly want to give it a shot, to see if i can find a way to mount it that I like

If I can’t get it mounted in a way that I can load a weapon with a pack on, I will just sew an attachment method onto my gun bearer. I like how they function, and I like how they sit. A chunk of webbing and a tri glide will pair up the gun bearer with the k4 Nalgene molle, but I do want to try the new weapon holder first to see if I can use it… need to order some other stuff anyhow 😉

thedutchtouch

Lil-Rokslider
Agreed that the solo gun loading is a bit of a downer in theory. I'm leaning towards leaving the sling on for that reason, and for the offhand shot accuracy benefits- thank you for that reminder. Trying to remind myself that generally if I've taken my rifle out I'll have taken the pack off as well, so this may be a moot point/seem like a bigger deal thinking about it than actually using it.

My first real hunt with the pack will be with a partner so it will work well enough and give me some actual experience to weigh in with, compared to just messing with it at the house.

This thread is huge. Couple quick questions that have probably been covered.

How do you try this pack out? Any dealers in the Denver area?

Delivery time?

Agreed that the solo gun loading is a bit of a downer in theory. I'm leaning towards leaving the sling on for that reason, and for the offhand shot accuracy benefits- thank you for that reminder. Trying to remind myself that generally if I've taken my rifle out I'll have taken the pack off as well, so this may be a moot point/seem like a bigger deal thinking about it than actually using it.

My first real hunt with the pack will be with a partner so it will work well enough and give me some actual experience to weigh in with, compared to just messing with it at the house.
Yea, I'm going to leave a lightweight sling on my rifle for the same reason - plus if I drop my pack for a stalk, or am packing meat, or sometimes other people carry my rifle for me etc... it's just handy having a small sling on in those instances.

I don’t own a sling at all anymore, but I actually despise them. With a good carry system, a sling is a downgrade imo

I’m not sure how I’ll like the rifle carrier but I’m going to try to order one in the morning on our way offshore before running out of reception. I’m not sure I’ll like it sitting as far back as it does, but I certainly want to give it a shot, to see if i can find a way to mount it that I like

If I can’t get it mounted in a way that I can load a weapon with a pack on, I will just sew an attachment method onto my gun bearer. I like how they function, and I like how they sit. A chunk of webbing and a tri glide will pair up the gun bearer with the k4 Nalgene molle, but I do want to try the new weapon holder first to see if I can use it… need to order some other stuff anyhow
How/what did you attach to do forward carry? Did you use your old kifaru stuff?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Anyone try the rifle carrier with the pack pretty empty? I’m imagining the main bag pretty empty, spotter on the opposite side of the rifle, tripod on the rifle side.

Seems like it will completely change the angle of the strap’s holding the boot.

In the vid it looks like the straps come off at an angle, and from in between the back and the side of the boot. With the straps pulled apart with a full bag it looks like the boot works pretty good. If the straps are close together ( pulling straight down) plus having a tripod and Nalgene on the side it might really change the function.

sndmn11

WKR
This thread is huge. Couple quick questions that have probably been covered.

How do you try this pack out? Any dealers in the Denver area?

Delivery time?
Sent you a DM
What size are you @Coveyleader ?
Since @KickinNDishin is reviewing the Women's 5k pack and the kid chose the 2k pack as her late Mother's Day present, we have two packs and one frame.

I've thought about ordering a frame for myself, and almost did over the weekend, but if we match in size needs it might push me over the hump. I'd likely be a large and 26.5" stay.