Exo Mountain K4?

For those who were wanting to know if a tripod fit in the side zipper pocket, here's a photo of my Slik 624 collapsed with a Sirui VA-5 head.

View attachment 567099

Thanks for posting this example. That 624 is 14” and the VA is 3.3” giving us about 17.3” long. My set up is 20.75” - and again- I apologize for the nit picking- it’s just hard to see if in fact there is 4” of room left in that pocket?

I really want that 2200 to work - I just don’t want to buy one only to have to return it if my set up won’t fit.

My current set up is

Thanks for posting this example. That 624 is 14” and the VA is 3.3” giving us about 17.3” long. My set up is 20.75” - and again- I apologize for the nit picking- it’s just hard to see if in fact there is 4” of room left in that pocket?

I really want that 2200 to work - I just don’t want to buy one only to have to return it if my set up won’t fit.

My current set up is

My setup is similar in height as well so I am curious if a 21" overall length will fit as well.

My current set up is
Here is a tape measuring from the bottom of the pocket. This is only a one-dimensional view, but I thought it might give you an idea of the length of the pocket.
5bfd9fd45884cbe4088b078a4dd2af33.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Here is a tape measuring from the bottom of the pocket. This is only a one-dimensional view, but I thought it might give you an idea of the length of the pocket.
5bfd9fd45884cbe4088b078a4dd2af33.jpg

Thank you sir- where that tape measure shows 21”- could you fit your fist (or tripod head) in that area with the pleated pocket and zip it up?

Thank you sir- where that tape measure shows 21”- could you fit your fist (or tripod head) in that area with the pleated pocket and zip it up?
I just put a Vanguard Espod CX 203AP in the pocket. It measures about 22 3/8" overall length. You should be fine. I didn't even have to force it.
71b63cb454f34fa2c39e466c66a2b685.jpg
e0338baa0a72e2292216568aaa390ffd.jpg

I just put a Vanguard Espod CX 203AP in the pocket. It measures about 22 3/8" overall length. You should be fine. I didn't even have to force it.
71b63cb454f34fa2c39e466c66a2b685.jpg
e0338baa0a72e2292216568aaa390ffd.jpg

Your the man!

Time to get my order in.

The integrated lid will be a game changer

Dang you EXO! I'm gonna need a divorce lawyer! About to put my order in for the 2200!

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I’m trying to convince myself I don’t need the 2200 and shorter stays when the 5000 packs down so tight 😅😅
I don’t need the 2200, but I want it, and like supporting companies like exo so for me it’s very easy to justify wanting one

I actually just wanted a hat so I just added a 2200 to my order 😂. Truth is, I will probably use the 2200 more days per year than my 3600

I bought the 2200 because the two tags I have this year there really isn’t any reason to stay out overnight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I’ve got the 5000 on 26.5” stays. Considering the 2200, should I get the 25” stays or just stick with the original ones I have?

I’ve got the 5000 on 26.5” stays. Considering the 2200, should I get the 25” stays or just stick with the original ones I have?
I am on the short side for 26.5 inch stays. I got 25 inch stays recently and like how the pack feels better. That said, I'm keeping the 26.5 inch stays for heavy loads. I was one of the people who used the adjustable frame hight on my K3.

Received my K4 2200 today. I have packs from Mystery Ranch, and Kuiu (as well as several non-hunting packs). I think the Kuiu and Mystery Ranch packs are nice in their own ways but the K4 seems better in quality and manufacturing attention to detail.

I used to build BASE jumping equipment for a living so I have done a bit of sewing and inspecting sewn items, most used in life support roles. I feel I can tell how well an item is designed and how well its going to tolerate use.

The K4 is absolutely beautiful. The seams and stitching are superb. The materials chosen are obviously very high quality. The load paths are well thought out and where you would expect to see a bartack or reinforcement, it is there.

These packs are gorgeous and I couldn't be happier that I ordered one and I'm excited to put it to use.

To the EXO team, well done. I'm beyond impressed.

I thought the gun bearer was dropping same time as the others that just came out (which I bought for all of my K4 and am very impressed by). Mark at EXO, any word on when for those?

Thanks.

Back