Exo Mountain K4?

JNDEER

WKR
The G-hook loops were higher up on the K3 that had the crib “loop” down some. This gets rid of that loop some by a lower mount, but doesn’t necessarily make it ride noticeably lower if that makes sense.

It’s a HUGE asset of you plan any weighted training hikes, going back in for loads without bag/camp, etc. With that said, I feel like I’m able to secure meat closer to me/the frame with the crib, so just leave it on year round. My favorite and most used accessory.

Yes sir- all my previous pack testing with and without a meat shelf- I always found that the weight being right about the top of the lumbar pad was the sweet spot for my body figure.

I have not tested the k4 specifically yet to see if using the bag as the pinch point feels good- but all previous EXO packs for me being up was the ticket.

So- the question still is- based on the new attachment spot on the frame being lower and the length of the K4 crib- can you get the weight up?

Attachments

• IMG_6650.jpeg
    IMG_6650.jpeg
    434.4 KB · Views: 67

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Yes sir- all my previous pack testing with and without a meat shelf- I always found that the weight being right about the top of the lumbar pad was the sweet spot for my body figure.

I have not tested the k4 specifically yet to see if using the bag as the pinch point feels good- but all previous EXO packs for me being up was the ticket.

So- the question still is- based on the new attachment spot on the frame being lower and the length of the K4 crib- can you get the weight up?
Using the frame straps that live under the bag and the bag, a front and back bear quarter and bag of boned out meat (heart, back straps, louns, neck meat) stayed up high without slipping down. A 65 pound bag of sand also stays up high without slipping for me.

I have not noticed a difference compared to using the crib on my K3. Your milage may vary.

JNDEER

WKR
Using the frame straps that live under the bag and the bag, a front and back bear quarter and bag of boned out meat (heart, back straps, louns, neck meat) stayed up high without slipping down. A 65 pound bag of sand also stays up high without slipping for me.

I have not noticed a difference compared to using the crib on my K3. Your milage may vary.
Thanks for that Marbles.

On the og EXO and K2 I tested it (50 lb bag) wedged a the bottom and then used the meat shelf and lifted the weight up in 3” increments and tested it at different heights. I found that it felt the best right about the top of the lumbar pad (5-6”) from the bottom of the pack.

When I wedged it in the bottom I couldn’t get the weight to maintain that height (5-6”).

I never tested this with actual meat- just bag weight and went from there. All my pack outs I used the results from all my testing and it felt as good as expected.

Sad to see this crib not give me that option.

md126

WKR
How does the capacity compare to the K2 2000? I use that bag as my day to 3-4 night bag. I would miss the roll top closure tho....
I’m curious about this too.

Also, are the side stretch pockets the same as the other K4 bags or are they a single pocket? Thanks

Friday is the day ;-)
I have not been on the Internet much lately and got off the ocean at a decent hour today and just saw that, haha

I didn’t even have to wait😉 by the time I found out the release date, it was already passed. I just ordered, and looking forward to the new bag. Looks about perfect for the majority of my coastal hunts. Between it and my 3600, I will be pretty covered for the hunts I am able to do

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
My K4 3600 in Ranger Green says it should be delivered today but since its a Holiday Im guessing that will happen tomorrow. Super Excited to see how far Exo has come. I was a Gen 1 Exo owner back in 2015 when they first launched. since then Ive ran Kifaru, HPG, Stone Glacier. I am excited to get back to Exo.

pugwylde

FNG
If any of you are within a day trip's distance from Boise, I really recommend you make a trip to the Exo shop. If you are on the fence about dropping coin a backcountry bag, or the size you think you need, just go in and try it. You won't regret it. I bought my K3 and K4 in store, as well as a handful of accessories, and it's a great experience everytime I go in.

JNDEER

WKR
Just got notification my 2200 and crib was delivered already. That was fast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could you be a pal and see if a tripod with pan head fits in the side pocket?

I am holding off buying one until I am 100% my tripod and head can fit zipped into that pocket. For reference I have a pro master carbon 525c with Tricer head. Let’s call it 21” long

If the side pockets are the same size as the 5000, I can tell you my Outdoorsman compact with head fit great.

I too ordered the 2200 and hope they are the same size

I am holding off buying one until I am 100% my tripod and head can fit zipped into that pocket. For reference I have a pro master carbon 525c with Tricer head. Let’s call it 21” long

If you don’t mind waiting a couple days my 2200 is tracking for Wednesday and I have the same tripod but with a promaster head.

Rob5589

WKR
If any of you are within a day trip's distance from Boise, I really recommend you make a trip to the Exo shop. If you are on the fence about dropping coin a backcountry bag, or the size you think you need, just go in and try it. You won't regret it. I bought my K3 and K4 in store, as well as a handful of accessories, and it's a great experience everytime I go in.
Agreed. Nothing like seeing them in person.

JNDEER

WKR
If you don’t mind waiting a couple days my 2200 is tracking for Wednesday and I have the same tripod but with a promaster head.

All i got is time- unless EXO sells out. lol.

Assuming it fits, see how much more room there would be for other stuff, (game bags, knife, saw, water filtration system, etc). It's just so hard to judge the size of that pocket with the few images online and the video.

Thanks!

Millwood21

Lil-Rokslider

Just now seeing this!
I can measure late this afternoon and see if my tripod fits. Just looking at it the pockets seemed like they were long as the bag going off memory.