Exo Mountain K4?

prm

WKR
I'm really liking what I read about the 3600. It will come down to fit, and the only way to find out is to wear one with a little weight. My 40lb sand bag is standing by...

Edit: and while I was typing you posted pics! At some point I'd be interested in how it looks when not full. Just carrying basic day hunt items (puffy, kill kit, misc. items bag, first aid, purifier, etc.). Doubtful I'd leave the lid on for day hunting.

Last edited:

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
oh man I like the looks of this. Adding the zipper on the front stretch panel is awesome. Just not sure I need a 7200, so given that the 3600 will be similar in design maybe I go with 3600 instead of 5000.
I think I may "need" all three sizes. The big bag compresses really small though, so maybe I'll just stick with one.

I've been a happy Exo since the very first K2 frame, and I'm distressed to see the molle webbing rather than the strap on the hipbelt. Way less versatile for holsters.

I've been a happy Exo since the very first K2 frame, and I'm distressed to see the molle webbing rather than the strap on the hipbelt. Way less versatile for holsters.

I will have an adapter out that converts the Molle back into a webbing attachment for the instances where that is still needed.

I prototyped a few design options last year, just haven’t had the time to polish up the ideas.

Nolanb

FNG
Hey Steve, if you don't mind me asking what's the price for the 3600 package at the hunt expo show? Thanks!

I will have an adapter out that converts the Molle back into a webbing attachment for the instances where that is still needed.

I prototyped a few design options last year, just haven’t had the time to polish up the ideas.
Awesome!

I really like the looks of these! Based on what I have read here and current K3 specs would the K4 bag+lid total capacity of the 3600 be slightly over 4100?

I really like the looks of these! Based on what I have read here and current K3 specs would the K4 bag+lid total capacity of the 3600 be slightly over 4100?
Yeah I was think same 4100 - 4200. He said lid is bitter so call it 500. That would get us to 4100 and I am not sure if that includes the side zip sleeve pockets. If not you prolly have 4500 - 4600 of useable space. If i remember correctly the K2 3500 was 4200 total. I'm thinking I can get 7 days out of this 3600 without using the load shelf.

Yeah I was think same 4100 - 4200. He said lid is bitter so call it 500. That would get us to 4100 and I am not sure if that includes the side zip sleeve pockets. If not you prolly have 4500 - 4600 of useable space. If i remember correctly the K2 3500 was 4200 total. I'm thinking I can get 7 days out of this 3600 without using the load shelf.

That’s what I was thinking as well. I am going to start with that 3600 and adjust from there. I think this is going to be a solid set up!

That’s what I was thinking as well. I am going to start with that 3600 and adjust from there. I think this is going to be a solid set up!
Dude its going to be a banger setup. My only thing I need to decide on is do I stick with my SG grumman 15 down sleeping bag or go to a down quilt? I have used one for early season, but I'm nervous using one say 25 degrees or colder. The quilt sure does pack smaller though.

Dude its going to be a banger setup. My only thing I need to decide on is do I stick with my SG grumman 15 down sleeping bag or go to a down quilt? I have used one for early season, but I'm nervous using one say 25 degrees or colder. The quilt sure does pack smaller though.

Same issue here, have been running the SG 15* but always tempted by the size and weight advantages offered by the quilts.

tanker

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the info Steve. They look great! Now just take my $$ already! 😂