Exo Mountain K4?

S.Clancy

WKR
I had an issue with some ladybugs in my tarp early last season. (like 3 million lady bugs).

Never again will I use a floorless shelter. And never again will I have a shelter w/o a bug net.

Live and learn
I watched as a giant wolf spider walked across the bottom of my sleeping bag last year deer hunting in the LBO. I've never had a bug screen in a floorless shelter but that had me considering it. I've woken up to some level of vermin (shrew, mouse, big ass spider, never found out) snuggled up to me on cold or wet nights in September. That's just part of the floorless...

@S&S ARCHERY
Steve,
Looked like on some prototypes you had a center zip and no stretch pocket, why did you go away from that?

I certainly played with some different bag designs / layouts to see if there was anything that stood out as superior to our current K3 bag designs. Based off all the feedback from our testers this fall I ended up at the final designs. A lot of guys, myself included, missed having that front stretch pocket.

I really like the ability to load the main bag with all the items I won't be using during the day and then have enough pockets wrapped around and on top of the pack to have quick access to all the items I need during the day.

I really like the looks of these! Based on what I have read here and current K3 specs would the K4 bag+lid total capacity of the 3600 be slightly over 4100?

We'll be doing final specs measurements early this week and I'll post them up. 3600 should be right in that 42-4300 range when including all the exterior pockets and lid.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I certainly played with some different bag designs / layouts to see if there was anything that stood out as superior to our current K3 bag designs. Based off all the feedback from our testers this fall I ended up at the final designs. A lot of guys, myself included, missed having that front stretch pocket.

I really like the ability to load the main bag with all the items I won't be using during the day and then have enough pockets wrapped around and on top of the pack to have quick access to all the items I need during the day.
I'm glad you kept the stretch pocket. That was one of the things I missed on the pack I'm using.

JDbon

FNG
I have the k2 3500/k3 1800 bag only and when packing out game it sags on me. I would have to stop and push the bag up every so often. Hopefully the new design would solve that issue. I know what my next bag upgrade would be. The k4 5k! Can’t wait to get it

I have the k2 3500/k3 1800 bag only and when packing out game it sags on me. I would have to stop and push the bag up every so often. Hopefully the new design would solve that issue. I know what my next bag upgrade would be. The k4 5k! Can’t wait to get it

You should see a very noticeable difference in how the K4 packs compared to your K2. I spent the vast majority of my time the last three years really focused on the lower portion of the frame.

S.Clancy

WKR
You should see a very noticeable difference in how the K4 packs compared to your K2. I spent the vast majority of my time the last three years really focused on the lower portion of the frame.
So what does that say about my 1st Gen frame....hahaha

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved

While I like the pockets, what I love about your bags is the aggressive taper at the bottom. It makes the main compartment load very nicely.

probably true. But try sleeping with Fing lady bugs constantly running across your face. I had climbed 1800 ft to camp on top. I ended up pulling up stakes in the middle of the night and sleeping in the truck.
I have a UL bivy for mosquitoes and white socks.

croben

WKR
I use the old 2000 bag for nearly everything. I can get 4-5 nights out of it, which covers basically all my hunting. I'm also not that small (6'1", 185-190). I only use the shelf for packing water in, if we are hunting a spot that it is needed.

I used my 5500 in AK this year, with 14 days of food my pack was 49 pounds (no weapon, I wasn't the one with the tag) weighed by the airline.
Not trying to highjack the thread, but I would love to see your gear list. Pretty impressive compared to how much mine always seems to weigh.

S.Clancy

WKR
Not trying to highjack the thread, but I would love to see your gear list. Pretty impressive compared to how much mine always seems to weigh.
It's on my work computer, I will post it tomorrow. Or I can just PM you to not derail this thread.