Exo Mountain K4?

twall13

WKR
Thanks, I was thinking you would attach it to the angled molle webbing on the hip belt. It looks like there are options with the FHF.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I was thinking you would attach it to the angled molle webbing on the hip belt. It looks like there are options with the FHF.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
You may be able to, but my thinking was attaching where I did would even more so put that weight on the frame. I can barely tell it’s there.

Highlands Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
My daughter and I both bought the K4 and the rifle slings. We used the rifle carrier 4 days in October and find it to be a great addition to our packs. So much nicer to have my rifle securely attached to my pack with quick access, than have to carry my gun using a sling on my shoulder.

Last edited:

prm

WKR
I think my frame is one size too short, and my shoulder isn’t great. Between those two I can’t reach the release on the rifle carrier.

Update: With the taller frame I can now reach the buckle. Can I get an Amen! Will take the pack for a walk tomorrow with ~40lbs, but my initial impression is that it feels better. I’m 5’ 8” and now have the 25” stays.
Added some duct tape to the rifle carrier buckles and that helps with rubbing.

Night before last I left the woods heavy and realized I need to get a smaller belt, the combination of always losing weight by this time of year and the lumbar pad breaking in, I had the belt bottomed out and it could have been tighter… that being said, it still didn’t slip, and I still didn’t have hip flexor pain, which is another testament to the bottom end of the k4, but I do like the belt a little higher out of preference

Still can’t believe the stability of the pack, trying to get out of the bottom of this cut was a complete cluster, climbing through super thick brush and slash and blow down… for a bit, it was the worst crap I’ve had to get through with a really heavy load, and it was making me nervous with no bottom some steps and couldn’t see when I was going to go to my crotch with a step

I don’t know what I would have done with a wobbly pack, but I couldn’t have done what I did

Such a great hunting pack system

Night before last I left the woods heavy and realized I need to get a smaller belt, the combination of always losing weight by this time of year and the lumbar pad breaking in, I had the belt bottomed out and it could have been tighter… that being said, it still didn’t slip, and I still didn’t have hip flexor pain, which is another testament to the bottom end of the k4, but I do like the belt a little higher out of preference

Still can’t believe the stability of the pack, trying to get out of the bottom of this cut was a complete cluster, climbing through super thick brush and slash and blow down… for a bit, it was the worst crap I’ve had to get through with a really heavy load, and it was making me nervous with no bottom some steps and couldn’t see when I was going to go to my crotch with a step

I don’t know what I would have done with a wobbly pack, but I couldn’t have done what I did

Pics or it didn't happen.

snipe10

FNG
Ok, calling Exo Monday. Hope they can walk me through getting a good fit over the phone. 2 weeks in Alaska next September coming up.

You must have hunted the same valley I was in haha. “800 yards” from point A to point B on OnX but somehow it takes an hour and a half fighting for my life 😂

I’m stoked to see all these positive reviews. I’m desperately looking into a K4 or SG as my current set up is 9lbs completely empty.

prm

WKR
Ok, calling Exo Monday. Hope they can walk me through getting a good fit over the phone. 2 weeks in Alaska next September coming up.
They have a good video for just that. Nothing wrong with calling of course, but worth a look.

Pics or it didn't happen.
I wish it didn’t, it sucks being without a tag this week

I will eventually put it in the BT thread, but I can assure you, his head gear is less than impressive… it’s a big old deer but certainly not what I was looking for… made a judgment call in the fog and rain and you can’t unshoot them

Got lots of meat off him anyhow, but I really wish I still had a tag.

Spiro

FNG
Anyone running the rifle carrier with a Harris bipod on their rifle. Every pic on the website and video shows a rifle without bipods. Curious how the strap will fit between scope and bipod even at an angle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone running the rifle carrier with a Harris bipod on their rifle. Every pic on the website and video shows a rifle without bipods. Curious how the strap will fit between scope and bipod even at an angle?

No problem getting it on and off.
But you really need to keep it worked to the rear of the pack because the bipod hit ya in the back of the shoulder.

20231024_113618.jpg
Fits like this with an Atlas mounted on a pic rail.

croben

WKR

Mine fits right between the scope and bipod. No issues unhooking it and getting it out of the carrier. I just had to adjust how low the buttstock holder sat so it lined up correctly.