Ethics in hunting, the story of my once in a lifetime Buck....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrench

WKR
I'm also curious why this whole thing is so secretive? If I felt that I was wronged I'd be posting every last detail of the whole situation in hopes that somebody, somewhere saw something that may be useful. Somebody who knows a guy that knows a guy who met a guy knows where that deer head is.

160+ days and IDFG hasn't charged anyone with a crime? That tells me they have nothing to move forward with or they're completely incompetent. Either scenario is 100% believable.
I'd be hard pressed to find guilt as a warden on what details we have.

Shooter lost sight of the deer....so it's possible that another person shot it. The only angle I can come up with for the law to even show up is if the deer was left with just the head missing.

The whole story leaves too much opportunity for hearsay. Losing sight of the animal means the potential for another to have shot it is a very plausible defense. Not ethically correct, but not necessarily illegal either.

I'm shocked you could get the law to show up. My buddy had 2 guys with two dead elk inside his property with more signs than you can believe....close to town and it still took several hours for them to show up.

Jethro

WKR
The one post per day has made it tough to follow. I'm in the camp of somebody else saw it get shot and/or die and went and got it that night.

This comment by jlhois' hunting buddy still leaves me guessing.

Patience…. I think a couple well known roksliders were there.

Another problem is we are out of suspects. I've accused the friends and the game warden now which are the only people in the story.

OP, did you guys run into any grumpy neighbors in old pickups? Or perhaps a crooked Sheriff with a southern drawl that said something to you like "You boys best be careful out there naw" before smiling and driving away? If not then this case has gone ice cold.

ez_willie

WKR
He obviously knows someone on the inside at IDGF to get them to investigate and someone on the inside at rokslide showing him how to get more clicks/likes.

Crimes like this...., if there actually was a crime committed, are incredibly difficult to prosecute. I knew of a guy that poached a huge mulie in a controlled hunt area for which he did not possess a tag. He didn't even try to hide it, knowing that the IDF&G didn't have any evidence on him. The deer was poached on private land, and to go gather any physical or DNA evidence would've required a warrant. No warrant was ever issued and he got away with it. If another hunter watched jlhois's buck die and then snuck in and snagged the antlers, shame on him...he oughtta have his ass kicked. But if he watched the buck bed, wounded, then snuck in and killed it with a valid tag, then that's just how it goes sometimes. Most hunters have a story about someone else taking their animal, or hunting "their" area, or whatever, but to share a story in this manner is brilliant, just brilliant. Look how many people are watching and following haha! It better end well though, or else jlhois's respect and credibility are history.

Active on Monster Muley's, active on Hunt Talk, but you guys chose to post on Rokslide where you're not active at all, and call out some "well known Roksliders"???

confused-math.gif

twsnow18

FNG
Twsnow18 has said these 3 things. Seems odd to say “I think well known Rokslide folks were there”. Then say “I was there”. And then list off some random folks you hunt with who may or may not have been there.

Are you accusing “well known Rokslide folks” of stealing the buck, or do you “just think” some of the folks who were there are “well known on Rokslide”?

Did only one of the 4 hunters have a tag?

Myself and BPKHunter were there, we are jlhois’s 2 hunting buddies. Jlhois was the only tag holder. We were there to help Jlhois.

@bowieknife50 mentioned above that jlhois and myself were the same person. We’re not.

You can ask guys that I hunt with from Hunt Talk (Duck Slayer, Brymoore, etc). There were 2 well known roksliders that we ran into on jlhois’s hunt that can confirm we are indeed, not the same person.

If you harvesters don’t believe me:

453F9E2E-FF99-4D8B-A318-2A7183788FAE.gif

mt100gr.

WKR
Myself and BPKHunter were there, we are jlhois’s 2 hunting buddies. Jlhois was the only tag holder. We were there to help Jlhois.

@bowieknife50 mentioned above that jlhois and myself were the same person. We’re not.

You can ask guys that I hunt with from Hunt Talk (Duck Slayer, Brymoore, etc). There were 2 well known roksliders that we ran into on jlhois’s hunt that can confirm we are indeed, not the same person.

View attachment 373847
And who might these well known Roksliders be? Call them out already, there needs to be another side to this story. Screen names are fine. Ready....................go!!

fwafwow

WKR

View attachment 373847
Love the meme. But IMHO the rest still is not filling in much of the wanted details.

cmahoney

WKR

View attachment 373847

That meme is great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.