Enlightened Equipment Quilts

MarshLaw303

Lil-Rokslider
All the cool kids!! Check out the new colors. I need to get some pics of them but I'm living the forest green with black liner , sick. Or navy and charcoal, slick.

littlebuf

Banned
suchee, sorry i didn't see your post earlier i could have helped you out too. im pretty broad at the shoulders and i could probably use a standard width. i choose to use a wide due to my sleep habits (side sleeper, tosser and turner) . congrats on the order and you can trust Tim to get you fitted properly, your going to love the quilt

Eric S

FNG
Sign me up.. I was sold after littlebuf's review and now to hear there have been improvements made.... Sold again.

Tim, What quilt would you suggest. Im 5' 11" and will be using the quilt in wet Ol' Washington mainly between Sept- Nov.

Ill place my order by the end of the weekend.

MarshLaw303

Lil-Rokslider
Enigma Long (width depends on body size and sleep style) 10* (my best guess not being familiar with your area of operation) with 850 Downtek to handle that heavy moisture. 10d liner 20d shell to help keep water out

-Tim

Eric S

FNG
what's the additional head and foot weather protection all about? I'm ordering now, going olive green and black. I didn't see forest green in the 20D

MarshLaw303

Lil-Rokslider
If you get a 10d shell it will add more water resistant fabric at the top and bottom where its most likely to get wet but it's not a must for sure, just an option

suchee

FNG
Tim i will! and thx littlebuf...

Im dropping a full POUND!!!! ONE FULL POUND on a sleeping bag... so geeked!! I am going from climashield(kif basebag to duckdown quilt)... but still. I will be bounding on those Whistler Nordic trails soon!! Even just for a day jaunt, take a ONE POUND (just love the sound) quilt, a 5 oz bivy just for what if.... and that "what if" happens alot hereon the north shore

Sorry to the OP, hope im not taking over this.... so excited!! ONE POUND

Last edited:

suchee

FNG
The 54" is the width of the quilt for the top half. If you're. 52" no need for a Wide. Plan on having 5-10" more room to move as the sides gap under you.

Got er done, Enigma 750, reg slim(cause of the 5-10" gap), charcoal on black. 15.25oz. NUTS. $205 double Nuts. I just Cant believe duck down can have a fill power of 750. Love those minnesota prairie ducks

I wanted the funky colors but 1.5oz?? lol im chasing sul numbers here, come on

I REALLY wanted to "weight" for the Kuiu bags, but i'm DONE with bags, let alone the price will not be anywhere near even your 850fill(guessing), ....

Tim thanks for the ENLIGHTENMENT!

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Sign me up.. I was sold after littlebuf's review and now to hear there have been improvements made.... Sold again.

Tim, What quilt would you suggest. Im 5' 11" and will be using the quilt in wet Ol' Washington mainly between Sept- Nov.

Ill place my order by the end of the weekend.

Could someone hook me up with a link to Littlebuff's review? Trying to find it on my iPhone and not all the buttons seem to work...

littlebuf

Banned
In on my phone too, but look at the " how do quilts work" thread a couple post down in this forum. I linked it there

littlebuf

Banned
Could someone hook me up with a link to Littlebuff's review? Trying to find it on my iPhone and not all the buttons seem to work...

It gets asked for a lot. Maybe one of the mods could make it a sticky on this forum. EE is a site sponsor

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can any one tell me the differences between Enlightened Equipment and the Zpack? Price for the two I am comparing is within just a few dollars.

MarshLaw303

Lil-Rokslider
My Enigma with 850 downtek and there's with their 850 treated down are very similar in price and weights are close too.

Theirs: zipper makes it a sleeping bag if needed, horizontal baffles

Mine: no zipper but has pad straps to deal with drafts some find with quilts. Hybrid vertical shiftless baffles eliminate down shift found in traditional horizontal baffles.

Also mine is offered in other down fills that reduce price, other fabrics than just 10d for more durability and weather protection and we have those cool stripes too. Ultimately you will be happy either way you go. Joe is a great guy and makes great gear. I'm not so nice but all I do is make quilts.

-Tim

Last edited:

littlebuf

Banned
Can any one tell me the differences between Enlightened Equipment and the Zpack? Price for the two I am comparing is within just a few dollars.

One's a rokslide member and ones not. Also though I think Tim is a little more liberal in his sizing. I've only seen the one zpacks quilt in person (Justins) but they defiantly lean towards the slim side. One reason I initially went with EE aside from what you get fro the price is the owner. Tims a big guy, I'm a big guy. Only big guys really appreciate true to size stuff. For example I wouldn't ask luke who makes the most comfortable long wide any thing. That guy knows his gear but he's a smurf