Eddie Bauer Pant and a big thanks to Luke Moffat!

ChadH

FNG
Thanks Luke, for mentioning these pants in a recent post. I've been looking for an alternative to the KUIU Attack pant and these are AWESOME for the money. I bought one pair, in grey, and have used them several days this last week. Liked them so much I ordered a second pair.... They were on sale for $69.99 (that may be over now, but I think they have a 25% off sale going), regular price is only $80. I think these are going to be at least just as durable as the Attacks, and maybe more so. So far, after a day bear hunting in the giant berry patch that is the Pacific NW they look better than the Attacks do after 15 min... so I think for the price savings they are well worth it. Fit is great and spot on for my 33x32 needs, and they are an awesome stretchy fabric that dries fast.

Here is a link for anyone interested:
http://www.eddiebauer.com/catalog/p...44205&catPath=&viewAll=n&pg=1&cmPathInfo=T307

Thanks, as it relates to fit, would you say they run true to size? About to pull ten trigger on a pair but read some reviews that said they run a bit small?

It is hard to compare because the Attacks only come in even waist sizes, and everyone is built differently. I wore a 34 in the Attacks, so that I could accomodate a First Lite base layer. The Attacks fit a little large without a base layer, but fine with one... a bit baggy in the thighs and just a touch tight in the waist band (with the base layer). I ordered two pairs of the Eddie Bauers, one 34 and one 33 to compare. I ended up keeping the 33. They were perfect without the baselayer and the stretch of the fabric made them fine even with the merinos (the waist band isn't tight on these). I returned the 34s and exchanged for another 33 in the "saddle" color. I really like the thigh pocket design plus the placement and angle of the front slash pockets... and I like the low rise waist which always seems to work out well for me with a Back Pack on. I do like the semi bell leg opening in the Attacks a little better, but really can't even tell the difference with my gaiters on.

The fabric is lighter weight than the Attacks, but quicker drying, more stretch and seems just as durable if not more so. I don't feel it snags as easily. They shed water well, and with the addition of a pair of First Lites I think they will work for me pretty much all season long.

I guess I'd say they felt "true to Size" to me personally. I wear a 33" (regular not relaxed fit) Levi 505 Jean, and these fit about the same or slightly larger (the fabric stretches a bunch more so not sure if it actually is larger or not).

Last edited:
Chad glad you like them , I prefer them to the Attack pants as well. Lighterweight, stretchier, and dry faster and on the sale you got is nearly half price......what's not to like. I have two pairs as well.

Got mine and liked them so well, I ordered all three colors of shorts. I LOVE the shorts. I like the pants, but they are very different than the Attack pants. The shorts were on sale for buy one, get the second for 1/2. Great find...Thanks again.

As a side note, I feel these run fairly true to size. If anything they are cut more athletic than the Attacks. ie - a trimmer fit but the waist is spot on for me.

Last edited:
I have the pants, and they are great. The shorts are even better, and I use them for everything....hiking, mountain biking, etc. Sizing is a little off, and probably more like buying a pair of Levis. In other words, if it says 32" waist, it's probably actually a 34". Thighs on the pants might be a little tight for guys with normal sized legs. I have bird legs and wouldn't mind having more room. I think that for the money (around $50-60 on sale), they are much better than any of the high tech, elite hunting pants. But i'm a big fan of the FirstAscent from Eddie Bauer. Athletic fit and incredible customer service.

i'm a big fan of the FirstAscent from Eddie Bauer.

I'll second that! I have the rain pants (black) and they are going on their 4th season of heavy use. Also have a down vest and a down "shirt" that is the cats ass. Not sure if they market the shirt still. EB usually has a huge sale at end of year and blows a lot of stuff out at prices that put high tech gear "sales" to shame.

RC

I'm still liking mine. I agree with Kotman, they aren't the "same" as an Attack pant... not as heavy, yet more durable (so far), and half the price. Personally I'm liking them better.

I picked up a pair of the pants and shorts this weekend! I got the pants for $60 at the Eddie Bauer Outlet and the shorts for $30

Hey guys this has been one of the greatest threads in a while because I just found out how awesome these pants are. I spent a whole week in Minnesota chaperoning and chauffering my daughter's soccer team. Well the last day there my worst nightmare came true. The team wanted to go to the Mall of America, Ugggggg I hate malls, you guys have no idea. Well what was the first store I saw when I walked in, "Eddie Bauer!" I thought what the hell, lemme go check out these pants all the cool Roksliders have been talking about. Well I walked out with two pairs. These things are really comfortable and I love the side zipper pockets. Thanks Luke and everyone else. Funny thing is I've got a ton of Eddie Bauer's within an hours drive of me and I had to go halfway across the country to finally check them out.

Haha awesome man!!! I am trying to decide to either bring those EB pants or some Columbia Aruba 3s on our upcoming 120+ mile hike here! Great pants for sure!

The Eddie Bauer's are now my SECOND favorite pants. My new favorites: Kuhl Radikls. Still loving the Eddie Bauer's...especially the shorts, but the Kuhl Radikls are a very nice hiking/hunting pant.

Back