E-Form4 information

Msowa

Lil-Rokslider
This thread will be updated with pertinent info as I can get it out. Please don’t take what I say as concrete, this transition has some new aspects no one has dealt with yet. With that said I’ll be linking valid information and I hope we can keep opinions to a minimum.

Going to start adding information related to the addition of form4’s to the ATF E-Forms web site. This addition should be an improvement and shorten approval times. When form4’s were on e-forms years ago it was not uncommon to have 30-90 day approvals. Holding breath.

Matt

OP
Msowa

Msowa

Lil-Rokslider
OP
Msowa

Msowa

Lil-Rokslider

Recent email contained the following bullet point:​

What to expect​

Once the upgrade is finished, you may notice a few changes in the eForms interface. Here's what to expect:

• ATF eForm 4 is coming back. After the upgrade, you will be able to submit the ATFForm 4 electronically through eForms.
  • Electronic submission of ATF Forms 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 6A, 9, 10 and 5300.11 with the required electronic documents.
  • Electronic submission of fingerprint cards for ATF Form 4. You will be able to attach your “digital fingerprint cards” to your submission.
  • Support for larger file attachments. The updated eForms will accept electronic documents up to 30 MB in size.
  • Enhanced validations to ensure that the upfront validations of your data occur prior to submission.
  • User PIN for validating the submission of all forms as part of the submission process.
  • Self-service support for forgotten passwords and PINs.
  • Rules of behavior that must be accepted to proceed with the use of eForms.
  • Rules of behavior that must be accepted to proceed with the use of eForms.
  • “Ask the Expert” to send your questions to our subject matter experts.
  • Use of smarter technology to improve customer service and build a foundation for future enhancements such as an Application Programming Interface (API) and Captcha.

Anschutz

Lil-Rokslider
Wait a minute, the government is doing something to improve efficiency? I've always said if the process got shorter, I'd buy a can although if I bought when I wanted one, I'd have a can by now..

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

cmahoney

WKR
e59f3a4db40b748d6143a4e221b1929d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FOS373

Lil-Rokslider
I may just test the system to see if I can get a new can faster than the one that has been in jail since February......

Schism

WKR
I've had one form 4 submission in since April and two more for e-file. It will be interesting to see which one(s) are approved first.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if the system crashes at launch and it actually takes LONGER to get the e-file approved. After all this is the same government who rolled out the Obamacare website.

Anschutz

Lil-Rokslider
I've had one form 4 submission in since April and two more for e-file. It will be interesting to see which one(s) are approved first.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if the system crashes at launch and it actually takes LONGER to get the e-file approved. After all this is the same government who rolled out the Obamacare website.
If that happens, it could, though I doubt it, help get a Hearing Protection Act passed.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

OP
Msowa

Msowa

Lil-Rokslider

I hear ya...I'm hopeful though. It was working ok most of the time previously till silencershop figured out how to automate their submissions and overwhelmed the site...unfortunate but it highlighted the site's weaknesses so hopefully they learned from that experience. glass half full

I like the fact you can upload your fingerprints. I kinda thought it was silly when filing my form 1's that I still had to mail my stuff in. If this speeds up the form 4s I might just have to actually purchase a suppressor instead of making it.

This is a kick in the nuts. Literally bought a can a month ago. I guess the wait is on.
I got notice that my check was cashed on Dec. 5th. Gonna be pretty frustrating if people buying now get theirs first.