Dream animal hunt, what's yours?

Frosty82

WKR
Caribou was number one but I made that happen last year. Next on the list is a dall sheep and a grizzly. Hope to cross off the grizzly this year and dall next year. Moving to Alaska sure helped with this! After that it would be red stag or any of the other sheep.

15g for a sheep hunt would be super cheap I haven't seen them for under 30,000. New Zealand is my #2 every now and again I threaten that I'm going move there. Here in Washington I'm dreaming of a 170+ mule deer and am also putting in for the never in a lifetime sheep and goat hunts as well.
There are plenty of 15K Alaska Dall sheep hunts available out there, but it might be cheaper just to move up here and become a res.:) I am totally joking of course, we have too many sheep hunters up here already.

birdman1

FNG
Realistically a Grizzly, It sucks running into sign/bears almost every day hunting, and there not even being a tag available. If I'm really dreaming it's a Marco Polo for sure

Buster

WKR
12+ year old bighorn with a bow. (Other 12 year old North American sheep species can substitute as a close second).

JWP58

WKR
Realistically? A big bull elk with a bow. Or a Snowcock in the rubys.

Dreamin? "black death"...Cape Buffalo with a double rifle, or Elephant with the same classic arm. Eland with a bow would be cool too.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Either a true Stone Ram or a Desert Ram... I've got a Dall, but any sheep hunt is a dream come true for me.. While I can only dream about Stone and Desert Rams I am blessed to live in AK and can at least chase Dalls.

Non sheep I'd love to do an Archery Elk/Mule Deer combo hunt in the high country, packing in with horses. Just sounds like a lot of fun..

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nothing crazy, just a Yukon Moose. Hell, any moose really.
A guy can do this himself in AK if he puts in the time and money. If fact I bet you could find a few Alaskans willing to help ya. Especially considering the 2-legged pack horse you work with and the gear you might be able to outfit camp with.... Just saying... ;)

60x

WKR
Ive been pretty blessed living out my dreams in Alaska. My dream hunt is any hunt with my 72 yo dad and 4yo son...

jlw

FNG
I would love to hear about how this ibex hunt turns out and how the details ie customs and all the little costs add up to. Congrats on getting out on your dream hunt!

I am going October 25, I'll be sure to do a write up when I return!

TRIPLE

Lil-Rokslider
I think I would go with the hunt that truly embodies elite back-country hunting. The kind of hunt that really separates the Men from the "boys", and can break even the most seasoned trophy hunters...........Antelope Island Mule Deer! ;)

I think it would be Stone Sheep backpack hunt! I could possibly draw a Rocky Mt. Bighorn or a Desert ram and I've been lucky to take a couple Dalls rams(thank goodness for next of kin), But I'll probably never afford or spend the money it cost to go Stone sheep hunting.

And for some reason, I'm not sure why. I'd love to go on a Leopard hunt if I win the lottery!

three5x5s

WKR
Sheep, or goats. anything in the high country. horse Pack in, walk up, with a bow. mostly all I do is bow hunt now anyway.

armyjoe

Super Moderator
A guy can do this himself in AK if he puts in the time and money. If fact I bet you could find a few Alaskans willing to help ya. Especially considering the 2-legged pack horse you work with and the gear you might be able to outfit camp with.... Just saying... ;)

:) I think I'm going to try and put some feelers out on this exact idea this year.