Does anyone NOT wear merino underwear?

this thread, and most others, are a prime example of why there are different options.

So many different opinions about what works best for each person.

vorfield

FNG
Agree on the 32 degrees boxer briefs from Costco. Pretty durable and cheap enough to replace

If there is a decent chance of sweating before a very cold weather sit I don’t think merino is ideal. Holds sweat too close to the body.

Manakh

FNG
I'm digging up this thread here cause I'm in a predicament.

I absolutely love my kuiu boxer briefs (NOT the merino ones)
They're sold out and not even on the site anymore. I'm in dire need of an alternative and there's a lot of options.

Is there anyone that's used the kuiu briefs that can point me towards the closest fitting, feeling, and odor reducing option? -NOT merino, my skin can't do straight merino.

Man i really have a liking for the lululemon bixwr briefs, check all the boxes except the odor part. Since they are synthetic they will grab some stink. Not horrendous. But it is there. But everything else is spot on.

If you are on a mild activity hunt, they are money. High activity will get stinky for sure.

I like the cheap synthetic Haynes from Walmart. I just pack extra and if I have to jettison a pair no big deal. Me and mountain house don't work and play well together...😆

Jbxl20

WKR
Exofficio. Pretty much wear them every day. I have some 32 degrees as well but prefer the EXO

I could get by with synthetic for day hunts, but nothing but merino for my multi-day trips.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Exofficio, snug fit after extended time of use and to not get chaffed priceless!
Exofficio were the only boxers I've ever gotten chaffing from. It was like wrapping up in a garbage bag and then running a marathon without any of the heat or sweat able to get out. Love 100% merino though.