Do you hunt or plan on hunting out of state?

Do you hunt out of state or are you planning to hunt out of state?

• Yes

Votes: 163 88.1%
  • No

Votes: 22 11.9%

• Total voters
On my other thread, "why the non-resident hate, let's fix it." Many hunters want to decrease non-resident hunting even more than it is. My argument was to increase it everywhere and give everyone more opportunity instead of just hoarding your own state licenses. However, someone brought up a good point. Maybe lots of other people don't even care to hunt out a state which I personally don't get, maybe they don't have the money which is understandable. But I want to do a poll to see how many of us either hunt out of state or plan on hunting out a state.

Seth

WKR
I know it seems slanted in favor of residents if you’re coming from an eastern state with virtually unlimited whitetail opportunities but residents of many western states don’t get to hunt every year. When residents are waiting several years to hunt in their own state, of course they’re not going to want to wait longer to let you hunt.

OP
Schoolhousegrizz
Grizz, it doesn't matter how many threads you start there's always going to be strong disagreement between Res and NR. You're not going to fix it or pull em all together to think like you want them to.
You are right. But I am honestly curious to see how many hunters want to hunt out of state. It just doesn't add up that some if not most of these hunters want to shut down the NR's. I'm hoping it can make some people think twice.

OP
Schoolhousegrizz
Well so far overwhelmingly everybody wants to hunt out of state so why the hell are we bitching and moaning to limit non-residents even more?

jimh406

WKR
What your poll doesn’t capture is some of us have enough opportunity in our own states. Sure, we could get more, but I think that depends on how much we want to hunt.

Also, most people don’t make the most of their own state. Sure, they may not have Elk or Mule Deer, but most do have plenty of other species to hunt.

The grass is always greener …

NRA4LIFE

WKR
I hunt out of state every year. Lately it's been MO (every year almost, own land there), WI (about every other year, own land there too and have lots of access to private), MT (occasionally) and soon to be CO. Nice thing about MO and WI is it is relatively cheap compared to Western states.

OP
Schoolhousegrizz
Come on man, there’s already a perfectly good shitshow on the other nearly identical thread you started.
Well so far overwhelmingly everybody wants to hunt out of state so why the hell are we bitching and moaning to limit non-residents even more?

CorbLand

WKR
Yes. As a NM resident and how the state does its draw, if I want to go [every year] it's necessary to hunt out of state.
And to think you have it better than Utah.

I have points out of state but the only reason is because I have family in different states and I want to hunt with them. If it weren’t for that and I could get a tag every year in my home unit, I would be content.