Cutting tikka prefits

khuber84

WKR
Manzella Precision has that reamer, and cuts prefits. Tikkas hold decent headspace tolerance, but aren't nominal, he's cut quite a few. The starter thread also isn't timed, so barrel engraving could land anywhere. He'd prefer you send the action. Just an option....

hunterjmj

WKR
Fisher bedded a McMillan and threaded/installed a brake for me. Does outstanding work. He's local so I'm able to drop off at his shop.

I’m sending him a barrel for alpha dasher shortly.
The “suppressed dasher” one by chance? That caught my eye, looks like basically an additional thou in freebore diameter and a half thou taper in neck dia I assume to allow a little more carbon fouling? Reminded me of that thread about chamber specs for people who never clean.

Lawnboi

WKR
The “suppressed dasher” one by chance? That caught my eye, looks like basically an additional thou in freebore diameter and a half thou taper in neck dia I assume to allow a little more carbon fouling? Reminded me of that thread about chamber specs for people who never clean.
Looks like a little more freebore diameter. I’m just going standard alpha dasher, 1.25” straight barrel at 24”.

If I like it, which I’m assuming I will. I’m going to chamber the same in a 20” osprey taperless and use that for most hunting.