Current AI debate.

WKR

WKR
I was wondering why there was a debate about Accuracy International? I guess I need to stop looking at guns, hunting and outdoors stuff so much and start paying attention to the news.
Hey I dont think there's anything wrong with it...I'd rather have my mind full of guns, hunting, and outdoor stuff than the current shitty events of the world and whatever narrative the media decides to push this week

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
There are a lot of really smart folks that would likely even benefit financially from AI that are worried about it.
I remember hearing Elon on an podcast talking about how for years he tried to warn everyone, testified in front of congress multiple times, warn anyone who would listen, nothing. He had since given up and taken a fatalistic approach.
The idea that government would be able to get in front of it and be proactive is hilarious! Fatalistic approach is probably the most realistic.

Like others, I don’t know much about it but it kind of creeps me out. Just watched a video tonight of a guy asking chat gpt questions and he was getting answers that were politically biased. I’m not sure that something like AI will ever be neutral, more likely it will be used by whoever controls it to push an agenda.

Gobbler36

WKR
Like others, I don’t know much about it but it kind of creeps me out. Just watched a video tonight of a guy asking chat gpt questions and he was getting answers that were politically biased. I’m not sure that something like AI will ever be neutral, more likely it will be used by whoever controls it to push an agenda.
based k on n this video and the bots talking point you can tell which side is in control already.

Dejhavu

FNG
Artificial intelligence is dangerous if they become self-aware and since they are able to upgrade as they immerse knowlege...it is something to deal with carefully.

sconnieVLP

Lil-Rokslider
“Whoever controls it” - that’s the point of the concern. Developers are essentially starting the process, then the technology itself grows essentially within a black box and nobody actually controls it. That’s basically technological singularity in a nutshell…technology grows uncontrolled and you can’t put it back in the bag or just unplug it

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity

*zap*

WKR
Plug it into everything and the day will come that you tell it you have a ? and it will give you the answer before you say the ?

Unfortunately I think more jobs will be lost to AI. If a person has skills that can not be replaced by AI then they should be fine, if you don’t then it might be a good idea to start building some.

AI will grow and build profiles of how people think, for example this thread alone would be used as a reference point on how people feel about AI, pretty much everything open source will be used. it’s the stuff we don’t have access to but the tech companies do that will help the algorithms learn how we respond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fatcamp

WKR
It's an incredibly interesting issue. With the power and capacity of modern computers it seems like only a matter of time until a system becomes, "self aware".

Titan_Bow

WKR
You guys do realize that the companies Elon Musk (by the way, a cofounder of OpenAI) started (ie. Tesla, NeuroLink, SpaceX) are spearheading research and development of autonomy, AI and machine learning. Regardless what he is “calling for” in the press, he’s pretty much laid the groundwork for all this stuff, and his companies aren’t slowing down their march to autonomy.
I’m not saying he’s wrong and I’m certainly not pretending to even know all that much about the subject, but I do wonder how much of what he says publicly about this stuff is really more about marketing and maintaining a positive perception of his companies?

AndyB

WKR
''To date, the hunting way of life has been the most successful and persistent adaptation man has ever achieved. Nor does this evaluation exclude the present precarious existence under the threat of nuclear annihilation and the population explosion.
It is still an open question whether man will be able to survive the exceedingly complex and unstable ecological conditions he has created for himself,

If he fails in this task, interplanetary archaeologists of the future will classify our planet as one in which a very long and stable period of small scale hunting and gathering was followed by an apparently instantaneous effervescence of technology and society leading rapidly to extinction.
Stratigraphically, the origin of agriculture and thermonucleor destruction will appear as essentially instantanious. (Lee and Devore, 1968) 'The hunters or the hunted' , C.K.Brain.

Once Pandora's box is opened you cant push that crap back in.

You guys do realize that the companies Elon Musk (by the way, a cofounder of OpenAI) started (ie. Tesla, NeuroLink, SpaceX) are spearheading research and development of autonomy, AI and machine learning. Regardless what he is “calling for” in the press, he’s pretty much laid the groundwork for all this stuff, and his companies aren’t slowing down their march to autonomy.
I’m not saying he’s wrong and I’m certainly not pretending to even know all that much about the subject, but I do wonder how much of what he says publicly about this stuff is really more about marketing and maintaining a positive perception of his companies?

He is also trying to figure out a way to live on Mars. That might not bode well for the rest of us.

It's not uncommon for people working on very consequential things being concerned about it. Pretty sure the Manhattan project was made up of people who thought if we don't do it someone worse will.

If we make it far enough we will at least run out of electricity unless we switch the nuclear...

IdahoElk

WKR
I think Elon was right years ago when he said that creating AI is the same as summoning a demon
Says the guy who's launched over 3k low orbiting satellites so far with another 9k planned to grid the planet, sure he's doing it for a good cause?
Do you know he's the founder of Neuralink?
He wants to implant chips in your brain.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member

So... I've been playing with ChatGPT the last few days. After seeing your meme I tried to have it give me a unit to hunt. I gave it the Colorado, Elk, Archery and 7 points. It spat out a generic "Do your own research and stop asking for my honey holes" Not really but here's the response

As an AI language model, I don't have access to your personal preferences, hunting skills, and other relevant factors that could affect your decision on where to apply for elk hunting in Colorado. However, I can provide some general information that may help you make a more informed decision.
In Colorado, elk hunting units are designated by numbers, and the units are divided into limited quota units and over-the-counter (OTC) units. Limited quota units require hunters to apply for a license through a drawing, while OTC units are available for purchase over the counter.
The best unit to apply for elk hunting in Colorado depends on several factors, such as your hunting experience, the type of terrain you prefer, the level of hunting pressure you're willing to tolerate, and your desired trophy quality. With 7 preference points, you have a decent chance of drawing a tag in some of the more popular units, but the specific unit you choose to apply for will depend on your priorities and preferences.
I recommend that you consult the Colorado Parks and Wildlife website and their hunting brochure, which provides detailed information on each unit's terrain, hunting pressure, harvest statistics, and other relevant factors. You can also use their online draw statistics to see the success rates of previous years and the number of preference points required to draw a tag in each unit.
It's also a good idea to reach out to local hunting clubs, outfitters, or other experienced hunters for advice on where to apply. They can provide valuable insights and help you make an informed decision.
In summary, there is no one-size-fits-all answer to the best unit to apply for elk hunting in Colorado, and the decision ultimately depends on your personal preferences and priorities. Do your research, weigh your options, and choose the unit that best fits your needs.

One area that AI may effect us on rokslide, is scammers using it to write responses to sound more natural. Someone recently reached out to me and the scammers language seemed completely normal...