Colorado Unit 7 - Rawahs on Fire

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
This snipnet was included from the Sheriff's today's update I thought was cool.
Having a satellite communication device makes the day.

" I am tremendously pleased to report that the final camper in the Rawah area was located and extracted mid afternoon today. Apparently, when he was hiking out, he realized that fire had cut him off from the trailhead and he used an emergency alert satellite communications device to communicate his location and condition and the Colorado National Guard extracted him safely! Way to go COANG!"

WoodrowCall

Lil-Rokslider
This snipnet was included from the Sheriff's today's update I thought was cool.
Having a satellite communication device makes the day.

" I am tremendously pleased to report that the final camper in the Rawah area was located and extracted mid afternoon today. Apparently, when he was hiking out, he realized that fire had cut him off from the trailhead and he used an emergency alert satellite communications device to communicate his location and condition and the Colorado National Guard extracted him safely! Way to go COANG!"
I’d say that unit paid for itself on that trip!!! Glad everyone is safe for now.

Lark Bunting

Lil-Rokslider
Very thankful to have received an inReach as a gift this year. Hope I never have to use the emergency feature but reassuring to have it...just in case!

Teedubb

FNG
For those of you with tags in this affected area, are you still going to try to hunt it or are you going to try to turn in your tags in exchange for OTC? I have archery tags (elk/deer) for these units and I have driven to a few spots that aren't the best or what I had originally planned on hunting but are still open. Not trying to make stupid decisions here, these areas are at least 25+ miles away from the fire.

lucky333lucky

Lil-Rokslider
For those of you with tags in this affected area, are you still going to try to hunt it or are you going to try to turn in your tags in exchange for OTC? I have archery tags (elk/deer) for these units and I have driven to a few spots that aren't the best or what I had originally planned on hunting but are still open. Not trying to make stupid decisions here, these areas are at least 25+ miles away from the fire.

I still plan on coming in from TX for archery deer. I just hope they don’t expand the closed area again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
I still plan on coming in from TX for archery deer. I just hope they don’t expand the closed area again.

Well... bad news today. More mandatory evacuations in effect. Crown Point and Pingree Park areas.

Hwy 14 is closed even lower down the canyon now.

For the next several days We have 95+ degrees, low humidity and variable wind.

It’s gonna burn.

lucky333lucky

Lil-Rokslider
Well... bad news today. More mandatory evacuations in effect. Crown Point and Pingree Park areas.

For the next several days We have 95+ degrees, low humidity and variable wind.

It’s gonna burn.

Hopefully they can keep these fires away from where people live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brimow

Lil-Rokslider
New fire burning near the entrance of the canyon tonight. Several helicopters and planes in action. Probably a mile west of 287. Drove by at around 6pm. This just sucks! Thoughts of safety to all those fighting.

granite7

Lil-Rokslider
We hadn’t been seeing as much smoke recently, but after another run of 90 degree days (101 today) it looks like this fire exploded today.

This is from along the front range. Clear blue skies today. What you see is smoke.

3b69493f6a6f04c5facb0c46e4fc31a7.jpg

8dce7898d5cad1244de019aaa7fa5dae.jpg

woods89

WKR
The update from the fire Facebook page didn't look to promising tonight.

That forecasted snow Monday night can't come soon enough......

woods89

WKR
This one grew about 10,000 acres since yesterday.

I sure hope those firefighters stay safe up there, as the next 36 hours are going to be pretty rough......