Colorado not finalizing tag quotas until after entry deadline??!

I think the title says it. Colorado is REALLY slacking. How are we supposed to make unit decisions when they can’t make a decision before we have to? Ok, rant over thanks for joining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
T
Colorado has always done it this way and it does have merit. We need to see what winter mortality is like before tag quotas are made.

I agree, I just think they should push the draw deadline later. I’m also mad at toprut as I had a unit picked and several hours wrapped up in research, and now the draw odds for it have dropped and I’m back at square one.

Felix40

WKR
Obviously there is value in seeing what the herd looks like before deciding on tag numbers. That doesn’t mean they need to put the application deadline before they decide the tag numbers. They just arbitrarily decide to make the deadline early because they don’t care.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Yep nothing new, only thing I wish was that they cut tags to nothing last year in the NW units, glad they did it this year, but needs to be that way for herds to recover

Yep nothing new, only thing I wish was that they cut tags to nothing last year in the NW units, glad they did it this year, but needs to be that way for herds to recover
Has CPW released tag numbers for the NW units? I know they did cuts last year but didn’t think they had released anything for this coming season.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Has CPW released tag numbers for the NW units? I know they did cuts last year but didn’t think they had released anything for this coming season.
I believe they eliminated some cow and doe hunts altogether and took away otc, except for private land, so yes we don’t have numbers yet, but those two things cut a bunch of tags

I believe they eliminated some cow and doe hunts altogether and took away otc, except for private land, so yes we don’t have numbers yet, but those two things cut a bunch of tags
Yeah I’m thinking about applying for first rifle and I’m very curious how many tags they will give out. Not sure if I should preemptively switch up tags or not.

OP
T
Why would you get mad at toprut because your CO unit odds went down?

They changed. They had them posted. Then changed them. So what once said I had 100% chance magically dropped to 60%.

So you can’t even trust the resources you pay for.