Colorado Draw results 2023

Just to make sure I’m crystal clear, I can return a drawn tag by June 5, get my tag fee back, and keep my preference points, correct? I understand I won’t gain a point or get any application fees back.

My friend got drawn for a New Mexico tag and we all agreed if someone got drawn for that we’d give up our 1-2 point CO unit tag and focus on NM.

Just to make sure I’m crystal clear, I can return a drawn tag by June 5, get my tag fee back, and keep my preference points, correct? I understand I won’t gain a point or get any application fees back.

My friend got drawn for a New Mexico tag and we all agreed if someone got drawn for that we’d give up our 1-2 point CO unit tag and focus on NM.
Yes. Within the surrender period.

Loo.wii

WKR

Yo
You can transfer tags right ??
I’ll take it.

TheCougar

WKR

Unless they have changed something in the last year, you don’t get both. You can have you points back, or your money. Not both. I did this in summer of 21.

This is actually correct. My youngest son had an issue come up last year between the app deadline and the draw and couldn’t go. Notified them before the tag payment deadline he couldn’t use the tag. His points were returned, he didn’t gain a point, and of course was not refunded for the app fee or the small game license (and didn’t expect to be).

Unless they have changed something in the last year, you don’t get both. You can have you points back, or your money. Not both. I did this in summer of 21.
It changed last year and was continued this year. I just haven’t actually done it yet.

KsRancher

WKR
I only applied for a point but I am getting antsy. My dad applied for a 4th season tag and based off of last year's odd he has a 66% of drawing. My brother applied for a 1st season tag and based off of last year's odds has a 66% of drawing. Hopefully even get my son a tag off of the leftover/return list. With the youth preference I feel fairly confident he can get one. Even if it's a cow tag he would be tickled.

Nothing is for certain. It's only a matter of time before the elk and deer high point holders start using their points on "lesser" units. The reason being? Wolves.