CO Wolf on Film-Hush video

Phaseolus

WKR
I saw a group of five wolves in the Little Snake river drainage north of Maybell 6 or 7 years ago. I was pronghorn hunting and watched them through binoculars for about 20 minutes. I told the CPW officer who checked my pronghorn about it and he told me they were probably just large coyotes. I hunt coyotes a lot so I told him I‘d go back and get a couple, he advised me not to do that.

svivian

WKR
I saw a group of five wolves in the Little Snake river drainage north of Maybell 6 or 7 years ago. I was pronghorn hunting and watched them through binoculars for about 20 minutes. I told the CPW officer who checked my pronghorn about it and he told me they were probably just large coyotes. I hunt coyotes a lot so I told him I‘d go back and get a couple, he advised me not to do that.
Thats not the first time i have heard a story like that.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Should have shot em. At that time there was no official population in the state and they couldn't hold you to the same standards as today now that they're protected and acknowledged as being in the state. You were shooting coyotes, and could have told them as much.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Should have shot em. At that time there was no official population in the state and they couldn't hold you to the same standards as today now that they're protected and acknowledged as being in the state. You were shooting coyotes, and could have told them as much.

ummm-yah-no... doesnt quite work like that.

sneaky

"DADDY"
ummm-yah-no... doesnt quite work like that.
Until the state recognized them as being in the state they were not a protected species. He would have had every right to shoot them because CPW said there weren't any wolves in the state. He would have been shooting coyotes because there weren't any wolves, and that was the official govt stance at the time. If he did it now? Yeah, he'd be screwed unless he was being chewed on. Even then the antis would be mad if he survived and the wolf didn't.

Ucsdryder

WKR
So why are spending money to reintroduce when they are already here?
What’s really bizarre is that the CPW kept the wolves a secret from most. They had collared wolves in Colorado and they didn’t tell anybody. If the public knew wolves were already here the chances that ballot measure was put to a vote would be slim. I assume they were trying to protect the wolves?

cnelk

WKR
In the near future I fully expect the CPW to have a ‘Wolf / Coyote Identification Class’ before you buy a small game or fur bearers license.

It will also have a small ‘nominal’ fee attached.

I think you give the general public way too much credit. They really are clueless on most things and wolves are just like the little rat dogs in their purse. We did a horrible job educating the public on the reality of what was happening.

Phaseolus

WKR

They were a half mile away and too close to a road with traffic to stealth kill them.

brn2hnt

WKR
I think you give the general public way too much credit. They really are clueless on most things and wolves are just like the little rat dogs in their purse. We did a horrible job educating the public on the reality of what was happening.
That last sentence is everything right there.

Hunting, Ag, Extractive industries...

Every single one does a horrible job of communicating with the public. Not educating, calling them stupid, city slickers, the list goes on and on.

Being condescending towards a group of people YOU WANT SOMETHING FROM is generally a very poor strategy.

Hillary telling voters in coal states they would eliminate coal, farmers calling consumers dumb city slickers, the list is miles long.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Farmers calling consumer city slickers dumb isn't that much of a stretch. Considering that a lot of them think that buying meat from the store means no animals were harmed. There's a huge disconnect there with where their food comes from. Urbanites think of farmers as backwards and uneducated, yet they would all starve if the farmers cut off the supply chain.

Farmers calling consumer city slickers dumb isn't that much of a stretch. Considering that a lot of them think that buying meat from the store means no animals were harmed. There's a huge disconnect there with where their food comes from. Urbanites think of farmers as backwards and uneducated, yet they would all starve if the farmers cut off the supply chain.

This. As well as the fact most people don't care to learn. You have access to more information in your pocket than you could ever know what to do with, but can't be bothered to research anything before taking a hard stance and digging in on whatever narrow minded viewpoint is fed to you. You not being Sneaky but society as a collective.

brn2hnt

WKR

Didn't say it was a big stretch, I said it's a terrible idea. (Any business calling their consumers stupid)

If I want something from you (a purchase in this case, a vote in the case of wolf re-intro) it's not your job to be as knowledgeable as necessary. It's my job to bring you up to that level of knowledge. I am the one with something to gain.

I couldn’t agree more. I saw sig is making a sig cross hush edition. I threw up in my mouth a little.
weatherby has a hush rifle too, haha.... i'm glad they have found a niche and are doing well, but i can't stomach any of it... different strokes

i fell asleep the other night with a youtube video on in my room, and woke up to a hush video playing, WTF??!! haha.... a higher power with a good sense of humor i suppose

sneaky

"DADDY"
weatherby has a hush rifle too, haha.... i'm glad they have found a niche and are doing well, but i can't stomach any of it... different strokes

i fell asleep the other night with a youtube video on in my room, and woke up to a hush video playing, WTF??!! haha.... a higher power with a good sense of humor i suppose
The algorithm knows what you want to see lol

Until the state recognized them as being in the state they were not a protected species. He would have had every right to shoot them because CPW said there weren't any wolves in the state. He would have been shooting coyotes because there weren't any wolves, and that was the official govt stance at the time. If he did it now? Yeah, he'd be screwed unless he was being chewed on. Even then the antis would be mad if he survived and the wolf didn't.

Makes me think of the deal with 3 wolves in a years time shot in separate instances in Nebraska. Doesn't sound like anyone is getting in trouble from that. I heard they suspect they are great lakes wolves.. that's a hell of a trek for our "endangered" wolves in MN.

Last edited:
The algorithm knows what you want to see lol

probably right, because the next night, i fell asleep and woke up wearing nothing but a flat brim and rat tail... my wife woke me up and said i was talking in my sleep and asked me what a firebull was :unsure: and asked if it hurt my ears tucking them in my hat.... i couldn't sleep after that and slipped on my skinny jeans and went out to the living room contemplating life.... and finished the video