CO snowstorm up high this weekend, up to a foot in some places

Berthoud pass and hwy 103 might get 8", Loveland pass maybe a foot of snow. The ski weather forcasters often put out more accurate info than the local weather newsfolk. I am just sharing for those not CO residents that are either in the mountains and see this or visiting then so you can be aware. It seems we might have tracking snow by the weekend, I might need to get a bit eastern in my hunt methods then (referencing the Benoits tracking deer), should be fun!

If you are out there and see this be prepared for the snowstorm this weekend up high and stay safe. You might even need to chain up if you don't have snow tires and you are driving up on a pass.

Steamboat and areas NW look to be getting the most snow if you look at various forecasts, I just linked to one of them.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Bring out your long Johns boys and girls, oh and be prepared for some shenanigans with guys getting their rigs stuck, thanks for the heads up! In my experience that much snow will either trigger some wild rut feistas or shut them down for a couple of days! We are fixing to find out!

For all you muzzy fellas out there don’t forget to keep your powder dry!

Last edited:

Poser

WKR
I just watched this a few minutes ago. Definitely adding some more gear to my already loaded pack. The local forecast hasing no participation in it, but this forecasts is calling for 3 inches.

OP
TradArcher
yea it can be an issue when people don't have snow tires on or don't have chains and such.
I'm trying to decide if i want to try and snowboard more than hunt this weekend, got a powsurfer and a rock board but one foot isn't really enough...but it's tempting.

But tracking deer in the snow is fun too.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Got some family hunting from a motorhome camp thankfully they’re coming home today because that thing won’t make it over two passes in the snow.