Co. Mt lion ban on the Nov. ballet.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I see Co. wants to join Ca. and ban Mt lion hunting. They needed 23,000 signatures to get it on the ballot come Nov, They got 123,000. From what I have been hearing about the politics in Co. it seems like it has a good chance of passing. It will also ban bob cat hunting. It will allow for taking out cats that are deemed a threat. thoughts???

That’s a dam good shot given your buddies circumstances! I don’t think I would have held my composure to actually connect!

505Wapiti

WKR
This made Fox News, seemed very one sided as far as quoting reasons for putting up for vote. Where are the true “wildlife” folks, the so called experts from the CPW???

This a serious moment for the future of hunting in Colorado and across the west. Recommend every Colorado hunter encourage your fellow hunters to vote and tell every friend, family, colleague, etc to vote against this also. It will be a battle to educate non-hunting voters on the lies, misinformation, and danger to wildlife management within this initiative. There is a well-organized campaign against this initiative led by Coloradans for Responsible Wildlife Management. Anyone who is able and willing, please consider donating to CRWM.

Last edited:
Ye
Wait, they seriously have a gag order?! How the f does that work.
yep. Not sure how it works. Other than they are restricted from speaking on something that is gonna be on the ballot. This happened with the wolf deal too. The biologists and game wardens couldn’t share their opinion

IDVortex

WKR
Ye

yep. Not sure how it works. Other than they are restricted from speaking on something that is gonna be on the ballot. This happened with the wolf deal too. The biologists and game wardens couldn’t share their opinion
Blows my mind. By doing that, imo, you might aswell get rid of the CFW.

The anti-hunting activists in Colorado and their national backers ( Wayne Pacelle, Humane Society, CBD, Animal Wellness Action, etc) have already signaled that if this passes they are going to target black bear and Rocky Mountain bighorn sheep hunting next. I will say that the Prop 91 backers have stated that they severely underestimated the opposition so far. They are also working to influence the appointment of CPW commissioners. Center for Biological Diversity (one of the most prominent anti-hunting national orgs) already has two seats on the commission (11 person) and will likely gain more in the future.

mtntppr

FNG
Well the Governor has a gag order on CPW. Just like the wolf thing. The experts can’t weigh in because of our liberal anti hunting governor polis
He has also gotten appointments through on the commission -- 2/3 this last time. You have to stop this stuff dead in its tracks.

HOWL has done a good job on this from the beginning and are really trying to bring awareness to the general population.

Weldor

WKR
These voters are from most likely one place, they are a invasive species. It will probably pass then they will move on to New Mexico, Arizona. All the press down here Quote "to end trophy hunting of cougars". Nothing about wildlife management.

Last edited:

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I see Co. wants to join Ca. and ban Mt lion hunting. They needed 23,000 signatures to get it on the ballot come Nov, They got 123,000. From what I have been hearing about the politics in Co. it seems like it has a good chance of passing. It will also ban bob cat hunting. It will allow for taking out cats that are deemed a threat. thoughts???
The amount the needed was 123k, they got more than that. This topic is being watched discussed for some time in the conservation forum.
Blows my mind. By doing that, imo, you might aswell get rid of the CFW.
CPW got in front of it a bit this time though, to the degree they can. They published a document on lions/bobcats backing they are absolutely stably mananged.

For all the CO folks, keep talking to everyone you know about this, education is key. All normal minded non-hunters I have spoken to so far aren't in favor of this initiative once you clarify what it is. This can be different than the wolf vote (which just barely passed), we CAN shut this down as long as folks are educated on it. CRWM needs funding to keep messaging and fighting on this too.

This a serious moment for the future of hunting in Colorado and across the west. Recommend every Colorado hunter encourage your fellow hunters to vote and tell every friend, family, colleague, etc to vote against this also. It will be a battle to educate non-hunting voters on the lies, misinformation, and danger to wildlife management within this initiative. There is a well-organized campaign against this initiative led by Coloradans for Responsible Wildlife Management. Anyone who is able and willing, please consider donating to CRWM.

I echo this. This is a serious moment and one that should bring the hunting community together. Just speaking about this with friends and family goes a long ways. Most people have no idea this is happening or why.