CO leftover - Any lucky Roksliders?

Jwknutson17

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I've heard rumors of bots from a few different sources that they are being used. And that folks are successful in doing so. They would not give me really any more details or specifics. I have an idea of what they are doing and it doesn't involve giving your information to anyone else.

CPW denies the claim that they are being used to purchase tags. My calls to them fall on deaf ears.

You think CPW could filter out who's drawn 10 point tags multiple years in a row and see what's going on.

sndmn11

WKR
I'm going to beat my horse.

One should only be allowed to get a hunt code that they applied for in the primary draw.

That would give incentive to scout, prepare, plan, and reward the people who believe in a hunt code enough to say, "this is one of four".

Jwknutson17

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

One should only be allowed to get a hunt code that they applied for in the primary draw.

That would give incentive to scout, prepare, plan, and reward the people who believe in a hunt code enough to say, "this is one of four".
I'm with you there. I've had so many unsuccessful draws only to have 30 tags come back up on the leftover. Put in again and still nothing. Then back to the limited leftover shenanigans. Then off to OTC.

svivian

WKR

you're telling me, i actually have the tag and used my points. The only reason I got it was because someone else turned it in and they called me next in line. Now four lucky guys gets to go penalty free.

at the same time good for them i would be after it as well.

ReaptheHeat

Lil-Rokslider

System needs to change that's for sure. Definitely a step in the right direction.

I've said this in other threads, but how is it that I put in for 1st, 2nd, and jump the gun at 9 am on leftover for the exact same hunt code and strike out?

1st - Bunch of people apply for tags that have no idea what they are and draw them over others that actually want them. They end up turning them in so they show up for 2nd. My specific hunt had a 6%, yes 6 PERCENT return rate.

2nd - Youth draw.. More tags turned in following that go to leftover.

Leftover - Gone instantly.

In addition to your idea, there should be a deterrent to putting in for tags you will turn in. Screws everyone else that applied for that hunt when it gets turned back in. There's really no penalty for drawing a tag you don't want. Upfront money to apply like NM might help along with only a partial refund or put it towards another tag.

Jethro

WKR

And any tag turned in by resident gets reissued to a resident. Any tag turned in by a NR gets reissued to a NR.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Love this thread. Keep complaining about the leftover list, but keep bringing this up to the top every day so people remember the leftover list.

I’ll personally say thank you to CPW for giving us this opportunity. I haven’t had much luck this year but the alternative is they get tired of all you guys bitching about it and they say “no more turning back tags. You draw it, you own it.” Then none of us have a chance. Can we just let this thread die and have people refrain from posting about it.

sndmn11

WKR
Love this thread. Keep complaining about the leftover list, but keep bringing this up to the top every day so people remember the leftover list.

I’ll personally say thank you to CPW for giving us this opportunity. I haven’t had much luck this year but the alternative is they get tired of all you guys bitching about it and they say “no more turning back tags. You draw it, you own it.” Then none of us have a chance. Can we just let this thread die and have people refrain from posting about it.

I'll give you $1 if you can find wildlife commission minutes that bring up Rokslide complaints.