CO leftover - Any lucky Roksliders?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
If it was just the bots, the system wouldn't be kicking me out to the species page. Normally it just says "no quota available" and keeps you on that page.

taskswap

WKR
I doubt most hunters write bots. If it was bots, it would be easier to find folks offering their services for sale. Agree that captcha's are useless these days to stop them but there's just a ton of pressure out there. I don't know if everyone saw it, but CPW had a specific page up with examples of exact timings and what would happen with them for different types of buyers - exactly when to login to what screen and what to do next.

I guess a lot of folks took it to heart, and I wasn't surprised when my first choice sold out before me because it only had a small handful of tags available. What WAS frustrating was that this was a tag I had failed to draw BOTH in the Primary AND Secondary draws. Seeing it come up on the leftovers was an exercise in patience, for sure.

But... it's a process, and I got a tag in the end. I'm happy. Can't wait for the season; good luck, all.

Just whatever you do. Don't mention that you feel the system is broken.

People will jump all over you for saying that. LMAO.

Pony up the $$$ to the bot guys or no tag for you!!!! Word on the street tags start at 2500-3k and go up from there.

Yep it’s happening believe it…….

Is that how you got your tag? Cause it sure as hell wasn't how I got mine. lol

I'm not paying anyone other than the CPW and as a NR I don't even like doing that because they overcharge me for my tag...

Tahoe1305

WKR
Is that how you got your tag? Cause it sure as hell wasn't how I got mine. lol

I'm not paying anyone other than the CPW and as a NR I don't even like doing that because they overcharge me for my tag...
Yeah I’m not saying it isn’t happening. But I followed the guidelines they pushed. Was timely. And got the only tag that was leftover for the unit I wanted. I’m confident it was a bit of luck, but I guess it isn’t “hard” to do.

I do think you only have a single shot at a single tag for the timing. Better go for the one you think you have the best chance at (it may not be the most covenanted tag available….too much competition/bots).

cnelk

WKR
Dont like the draw rules or process?

The CPW is looking for a group of individuals to be part of a working group to review stuff.

Here ya go

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I'm not sure how bots could get a bunch of tags and then somehow sell those tags to someone else. How on earth does a bot buy a tag off the CPW website in an account with a real name etc........and then sell/transfer said tag to someone else. How would that info somehow transfer into the new owner's name/account??? Doesn't make any sense.

It’s the bots they are faster at captchas and put the tag directly in the card skipping a step. A few slide through but bots are getting most of the best tags. On less desirable tags there is less of a chance they go to a bot.

Pony up the $$$ to the bot guys or no tag for you!!!! Word on the street tags start at 2500-3k and go up from there.

Yep it’s happening believe it…….
I dont believe it…how are they transferring tags to another person?

Hondo0925

Lil-Rokslider
I was shocked to see them on there. Based on the process shouldn't they go to next in line?
Tags in the leftover list now are ones that have been returned as of lately. Back before secondary draw tags that take 5 or more points that are returned or not paid for go to the next person in line.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Tags in the leftover list now are ones that have been returned as of lately. Back before secondary draw tags that take 5 or more points that are returned or not paid for go to the next person in line.
All reissue tags that take 5 or more points are supposed to be offered to those next in line regardless when they're turned in. When my daughter got her elk tag, they called us a week before ML started to offer her the tag that was turned in. They said she was next in line. Last year I had about a 50/50 chance of drawing my elk tag and didn't draw it. Then they called me in August to offer me the tag.

Tahoe1305

WKR
I wonder if you’d get a call if you already had a List A tag, and they’d let you trade it out. Or if they skip you due to the fact you already have that A tag.

KsRancher

WKR
I dont believe it…how are they transferring tags to another person?
They aren't transferring the tag. He is saying that you give a person some $ and all of your information. Then they plug that into a program and it buys the tag for you

Ithaca37

FNG
I don't know if everyone saw it, but CPW had a specific page up with examples of exact timings and what would happen with them for different types of buyers - exactly when to login to what screen and what to do next.
Would you mind PM-ing me this link? I’ve called CPW twice to ask these types of questions and got totally different answers each time.

KsRancher

WKR
That sounds safe, giving some stranger access to all my info on the site.......paying someone to steal my identity.
Probably not much different than giving out information when ordering something online, giving information for a motel room or handing your waitress your CC to pay for your meal.