Carbon 6 Tikka pre-fit

Jr4

Lil-Rokslider
Finished up the 7PRC today and went to shoot, factory ammo is super tight, like the shoulder needs to be bumped back more, any one else having this issue ?
I will contact Carbon six Monday, I’m just checking to see if this is a isolated issue

Thanks

OP
J

Jr4

Lil-Rokslider
Unfortunately no one locally has go no go gauges in 7PRC
My bad I know better, but honestly never had a pre-fit problem before ( checked ) with gauges
I ordered some gauges

Tullis94

WKR
I bet money it is out of spec. Seems to be a fairly common issue with some tikka prefits. I love them but some guys have been having issues.

OP
J

Jr4

Lil-Rokslider
I bet money it is out of spec. Seems to be a fairly common issue with some tikka prefits. I love them but some guys have been having issues.
Agreed, it’s close some factory ammo out of the 5 boxes I have, fit and some don’t

morgaj1

WKR

This. I have 2 Tikka actions at Straight Jacket Armory right now getting barrels installed. Heard from them that both were slightly different specs. They said this is why they no longer do Tikka prefits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SamsonMan22

Lil-Rokslider
I can’t believe they can’t get them in spec, I have swapped quite a few factory tikka barrels among different actions now and every one has head spaced fine. All of the 6.5cm barrels I have run and the others I have loaded for all had fired brass within .001 of each other and all head spaced perfectly. So far I have only done one prefit from PVA and that was perfect. I have a carbon six on order, now you have me wondering if it’s going to be correct or not.

Rockchuck

WKR
My Carbon6 .300 wsm tikka prefit barrel I received a couple months ago headspaced perfectly. I was hoping it would after seeing some mixed reviews.

Not looking good so far. The throat isn't concentric and the muzzle threads are pretty choppy.View attachment 533042

Holy **** those threads are shitty. They use McGowen blanks which are trash, probably a good chance they’re having them do the machine work as well.

Sled

WKR
And here's the throat. I've contacted gene and he's having me send an email for another department to look at it. Either way it's going back per their return policy. I'm sticking with my factory Tikkas from here on out.tgis is ridiculous.Photo_20230320221852.jpgPhoto_20230320222026.jpg

Tahoe1305

WKR
Keep us updated please. I’m at the 3 month mark for mine now. And you all have me nervous.

What was your actual wait btw? I was told 2.5months three months ago.

Sled

WKR
Keep us updated please. I’m at the 3 month mark for mine now. And you all have me nervous.

What was your actual wait btw? I was told 2.5months three months ago.
Mine was just over 4 months for delivery.

slowelk

WKR
I've said it before, I'll say it again - Patriot Valley Arms is great. I just had my third prefit installed and it headspaced correctly, and the machining is fantastic to my untrained eye - at least it's nothing like the above photo. They now offer a carbon option too.

They are also on the money with their turnaround times (6 weeks for a steel barrel, idk what it is for carbon, but I doubt it's as long as carbon six).

Sled

WKR

Two calls so far but I'm still trying to get an answer out of them. There's a lot of back and forth about who actually approves a warranty issue. Gene said he can't do anything for me and I needed to send an email, which I did. The shop is supposed to approve the return but they haven't made a decision yet. He said they are only concerned with the threads and not concerned with the throat being out of concentricity. He told me I should shoot it and see how it shoots. That of course would violate their return policy and I'm not falling for it. I've had factory barrels reamed straighter than that. A custom should be done correct. I'll give them until early next week before I start a charge back.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Two calls so far but I'm still trying to get an answer out of them. There's a lot of back and forth about who actually approves a warranty issue. Gene said he can't do anything for me and I needed to send an email, which I did. The shop is supposed to approve the return but they haven't made a decision yet. He said they are only concerned with the threads and not concerned with the throat being out of concentricity. He told me I should shoot it and see how it shoots. That of course would violate their return policy and I'm not falling for it. I've had factory barrels reamed straighter than that. A custom should be done correct. I'll give them until early next week before I start a charge back.
So I agree with parts of this. IMO if the company is telling you to shoot it, I don’t think they are doing so to entrap you with the barrel. I think they are “hoping” it shoots well and you’ll want to keep it.

If they told me to shoot it. I’d save that email and shoot it. If it shoots like poo, I’d send it back citing that is what you were instructed to do.

I acknowledge you want it right though. Hopefully they will make it such.

It’s too bad, there isn’t much bad reports from C6 in the 4 years or so I’ve been following. Not to say they haven’t made some minor mistakes (my first experience was “ok”
At best) but they’ve made things right.

Fingers crossed for you (and my barrel!)

BrettJolly

Lil-Rokslider
Now I’m worried too, have had one on order since end of December. Went with carbon six because of the good reviews I read on them. Hopefully I get lucky?