California wolf pack expanding

2ski

WKR
Cali has hogs right? Could the wolves take a bite out of that population?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

530Chukar

WKR
Hogs haven't reached pest status here. Most are on private land and a good distance south of where the wolves have been spotted. Not much habitat overlap.

Cali has hogs right? Could the wolves take a bite out of that population?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

F&W states that there are wild pigs in all but two counties in the state. Naturally, if wolves move into pig territory, you bet the pigs will be on their dinner plate.

Loco4dux

WKR
Pigs are a minuscule issue here compared to elsewhere in the US.

If wolves move into wild pig territory... you might as well forfeit your deer tags and omit applications to the imaginary elk/lope/sheep hunts in CA that are already a waste of money (unless max point holder which you still might be 6ft under before drawing)...

Sac, LA, SF, San Diego and dipshit moonbeam control the destiny of the California sportsmen, AND the forecast is dim.

Takem

WKR
I think one of the problems is while deer numbers have plummeted throughout the rural areas of the state the urban deer heards have increased. They're all over the place here in the Bay Area. They've become pests in many situations. Combine this with the fact that most of these people aren't venturing out in the mountains and they just don't realize there is a problem. I'm not sure how we get the word out that there's a problem. I try and discuss the issue with non-hunters as much as possible.

I agree moonbeam has not been good for us. But have a feeling he's quite a bit better than Newsom will be if he gets in.

kickemall

WKR
Newsom's father was a founder of the mountain lion foundation and Newsom was heavily involved in getting the leader of the Ca. wildlife commission removed because of the picture of Mr. Richards with a legally killed lion in Idaho. Newsom also was instrumental in the passage of banning the use of hounds for bears and bobcats in California. So yes, it doesn't get much worse for hunters than Newsom who will probably be the next Governor.