Buy once-cry once Tipi & stove

Had good luck & some fun adventures in my old Henry Shires Tarptent, likely will keep it because it isn't worth the hassle of selling it.

However I'm ready to upgrade to a tipi with a stove. I plan to use it around home whitetail hunting, along with Western & Alaska hunts I have planned in the future.

I'm about 6' 2" & want to be able to stand up. Likely wouldn't be more than 3 people + the stove, however mostly it would be me & a buddy, or me & my wife using it.

Wish Kifaru would come back w/the 4 man tipi, but it's been discontinued.

I haven't researched other brands, and have no bias I just want a good quality tipi that isn't going to let me down (and standing up is a MUST).

For those of you that use & love your tipi's-which one should I be looking at, as well as a good stove?

I agree with the two previous posts. Seek Outside is your safest best for buy once cry once. Probably also the most easily sold here if it doesn't work out.

Legend

WKR
Had good luck & some fun adventures in my old Henry Shires Tarptent, likely will keep it because it isn't worth the hassle of selling it.

However I'm ready to upgrade to a tipi with a stove. I plan to use it around home whitetail hunting, along with Western & Alaska hunts I have planned in the future.

I'm about 6' 2" & want to be able to stand up. Likely wouldn't be more than 3 people + the stove, however mostly it would be me & a buddy, or me & my wife using it.

Wish Kifaru would come back w/the 4 man tipi, but it's been discontinued.

I haven't researched other brands, and have no bias I just want a good quality tipi that isn't going to let me down (and standing up is a MUST).

For those of you that use & love your tipi's-which one should I be looking at, as well as a good stove?
You will need 8+ man tent for 3 people and a stove.

mntnguide

WKR
Able to stand up ok? I like the weight of the Redcliff more than the 6 man
I've had a redcliff for many years. I do not agree with the other post. 3 people+gear+stove, especially if bad weather hits, sucks IMO. I do 2+gear+stove comfortably. Im under 6' and to stand up, I need to be right next to the main pole. Their Tipi style tents provide more stand up room than the redcliff will. And as stated above, if you are going with 3 people often, I'd look at the 8 man, but the 6 will work if you are thinking 2 and only occasionally a 3rd. .The courthouse is the real winner for stand up room and full gear storage for 3+, but not a great option if your plan is backpacking.

We can do 1 dude per rectangle and then leave the last rectangle for stove + wood.

Plenty of room for full length 20" wide pad, pack to the inside, and then small random gear to the outside under the shorter height due to the wall pitch. It's not a palace but it works fine.
i_22__09216.1698244954.png

You know what though, if you're not backpacking a tent larger than a Redcliff could do 2 men in COTS with a stove. Cot sleeping can be nice with gear storage below.

OP
Jacob Chapman
Gonna be flying to AK with it so the other guys will have to pack food for me. No horses so when it comes to hunting the West I’ll be packing it in as well.

Figure I’ll hunt out of it this fall here chasing whitetail in Iowa

I love my Tentipi and run it all year round. I have the Safir 9 and it fits 4 with a stove and gear pretty well as long as it’s on pads, not cots. If using cots it works with 3 and a stove and gear.
I have the poly cotton version so I don’t need to worry amount condensation, but it is 30lbs. The sil-nylon one is 7-8lbs?
Good luck in your search, no matter what you decide it’s better than being inside at home 👍