Tipi vs Trekking Pole Tent? Early/Mid Season

I have a Cimmaron light and stove that I've used for late season and love the setup, but I'm curious if its the best in all situations/times..

For the guys that use (or have used) tipis, are there times when you prefer a trekking pole (or even freestanding) tent? Early season? Hunting solo? Hunting with a partner, even though a tipi would be lighter than 2 separate tents?

I have my eye on a trekking pole tent, but just can't decide when I'd want to use it over the tipi.

Please educate me!

Bearsears

WKR
I have more shelters than I care to admit. I find that I like a trekking pole tent early season until the night time temps start really dipping. Especially if I am going up really high where finding space to pitch is a premium. The only time Ill take the Cimmaron early season is if a buddy is with me, we have the space to pitch, and we arent going to move spots often. Once temps start to dip I start taking either the Cimarron or Redcliff with the stove depending on group size.

I’m in same situation (have cimarron and 6 person). Cimm for only me in late season cold snow with stove and want to run lighter. 6 person if someone comes along

Just bought silex shelter (trekking poles) for early season scout/hunt when I want to run deep and light. The thing weighs less than a nalgene filled with water and is about size dimensions as a Nalgene bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
I have a Cimmaron light and stove that I've used for late season and love the setup, but I'm curious if its the best in all situations/times..

For the guys that use (or have used) tipis, are there times when you prefer a trekking pole (or even freestanding) tent? Early season? Hunting solo? Hunting with a partner, even though a tipi would be lighter than 2 separate tents?

I have my eye on a trekking pole tent, but just can't decide when I'd want to use it over the tipi.

Please educate me!

Early October mule deer I’ll use Durston Xmid 1 for solo hunt.

Early Nov elk lll be sharing a Kifaru hot tent with another

redchinviking

Lil-Rokslider
Footprint considerations are the deciding factor for me. High ridge hunts and Sept hunts are usually still freestanding for me. That being said I just spent a week in the cimarron in the rain and was happy as a clam:)

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
How about early October mule deer with a partner? Share the Kifaru, or each have your own tent?

Elk season we will. But during deer season, there’s a high likelihood we will split up the first few days, to cover more country. So we opt for solo shelters.

We have used my Sawtooth for a base camp for deer too, and that worked well for the two of us.