Bowmar's beast broadhead

Sarcazmo

FNG
Thats interesting the lawsuits against VIP.

I was gonna say VIP looks to have the exact same or very similar deployment system... I figured they'd sue bowmar unless he can prove he had the patent before they did?

Thats interesting the lawsuits against VIP.

I was gonna say VIP looks to have the exact same or very similar deployment system... I figured they'd sue bowmar unless he can prove he had the patent before they did?

Few really patent anymore. Too expensive, and no protection outside of USA.

Slap patent pending on it, gives you some rights if you can prove you were first with the design.

That's my understanding anyways but far from a patent lawyer. A few archery companies have been put under by overseas production of their products, but not much you can actually do.

Beendare

WKR
Few really patent anymore. Too expensive, and no protection outside of USA.

Slap patent pending on it, gives you some rights if you can prove you were first with the design.

That's my understanding anyways but far from a patent lawyer. A few archery companies have been put under by overseas production of their products, but not much you can actually do.
Yep, its true. Some try…and many use, “ patent applied for” but the reality is the majority of these heads are produced in China….and the Chinese have no problem selling the exact same head at a discount under a different name on places like Ali Express….many come off the same production line as the licensed heads. I know of 2 cases where this was happening and the BH company was helpless to stop it.

Looks like an interesting head. When I hunt with my compound I have shot a few different heads and i stuck with the sevr 2.0. Very impressed with that and you can easily resharpen them if they blades do not get to dinged up. Ive killed three does with one head.

ddowning

Lil-Rokslider
I just want Rocket Steelheads to be produced again
I want the miniblaster back. Multiple times doing population control we shot a doe at 15 yards and she tipped over at 40. The rest stopped and we put an arrow in a second one. Almost nothing made it out of sight with those.

Just saw Bowmar came out with his new "revolutionary" broadhead. Not sure what to think. Of course it's the greatest thing ever to him. Seems like a pretty solid design, wish it had a steel ferrule. He also claims it out penetrates a fixed head. I call bs lol. Unless it just folds up and cuts .5 inch. What do you guys think? https://beastbroadheads.com/

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk
I won't support a convicted poacher

Zac

WKR
Anyone put these to the test yet?
My dad shot a doe antelope quartering too at around 20 yards. He’s shooting a 50 lb Mathew’s V3 at 27.5 inches and a sub 400 grain shaft. Blew through the cavity no problem. However blades were pretty mangled. Shaft was also broke, it’s very possible the head was trampled by cattle. He shot far back and just grazed the liver. The amount of blood on the ground was pretty spectacular for such a poor hit. That’s all I’ve got so far.

From the promo videos I've seen pop up on YT lately, these heads look really promising.. Super low deployment energy being a major bonus. I'm curious how durable the blades are. THey're not COC though. Still that chisel/penetrator type head which is a drawback IMO.

Zac

WKR
From the promo videos I've seen pop up on YT lately, these heads look really promising.. Super low deployment energy being a major bonus. I'm curious how durable the blades are. THey're not COC though. Still that chisel/penetrator type head which is a drawback IMO.
They have a COC version that will come out soon. The giraffe was taken with one. The only problem I have with the YT marketing is that they are all fired from a 90 lb bow with a 600 grain arrow. I guess his wife did have some footage of shooting some African game with the head. However most can’t mimic Josh’s specs. I’m more interested in what it does coming out of a 60 lb bow.

Reactions: ZDR
They have a COC version that will come out soon. The giraffe was taken with one. The only problem I have with the YT marketing is that they are all fired from a 90 lb bow with a 600 grain arrow. I guess his wife did have some footage of shooting some African game with the head. However most can’t mimic Josh’s specs. I’m more interested in what it does coming out of a 60 lb bow.

Josh actually did a video with his ~4 year old kid shooting one from a toy bow(probably 5-8# draw). The arrow only penetrated the EPS foam target ~1-2" but the blades did deploy

Reactions: Zac
The only problem with this is supporting a POS. so naw.