Bowmar's beast broadhead

Blade angle doesn’t look great but I’ll wait to see it action before I make a decision on it.

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
Well, 420 stainless is soft junk steel for $1 knives.

The scalloped trailing edge will do nothing more that add weight and look cool.

The fluting might reduce drag and enhance penetration. But, I think it runs in the wrong direction and likely just adds surface area and increases drag. Tissue behaves differently from gas/liquid, and I don't know enough on the topic.

Curved blades are for slicing, a broadheads is a push cut, so the curve is marketing BS. It also adds to the length of edge in contact at any given time, which speeds up energy loss while not increasing cutting diameter.

I'm not inclined to use a mechanical anyway, but this one would get a very hard pass from me. Who makes it is just confirmation that the odds of me being wrong are exceptionally low.

It seems to take a lot of the blade deploying design as the sevr and I'm a fan of the sevr. It states the tip is hardened steel, so if its lightly heat treated 420 stainless it could be ok. It's not a high-end steel at all, but most of the inexpensive broadheads are made with super cheap steel so its not anything new. Some mechanicals benefit from very ductile steel blades to bend rather than break in my opinion.

I have never met Josh Bomar, and although some people may think he's a douche nozzle by the way he carries himself, I will not make that judgement. I probably won't buy their broadheads anytime soon, but I am not going to make any comments about how well they work until I have tried them and have real world experience.

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
Wow, I was trying to look up their patents and found what looks like several lawsuits filed by Bowmar.

One was against a veteran owned company and was dismissed (Bowmar failed to meet the basic requirements to bring the suit). https://portal.unifiedpatents.com/patents/patent/US-10295316-B2

Bowmar then refiled the complaint, and it looks to have been dismissed with prejudice. https://www.pacermonitor.com/public...ry_LLC_v_VIP_Veteran_Innovative_Products_LLC_

I have not bothered to try to count how many suits in total, and it may be that I am seeing the same suit or two appear multiple times. It looks like Bowmar filed suit against VIP a total of 3 times and was never found to have standing.

Edited to correct spelling of patents.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duh

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
Finally found the patent https://portal.unifiedpatents.com/patents/patent/US-10295316-B2

The bone avoiding technology is simply that the blades do not lock in place, so they will fold back up if they hit resistance that overcomes the spring which holds them open.

The E.P.I.C. system is just a spring that opens the blades.

The blade retention appears to be some sort of a sear, but I did not find its description while skimming the patient and am making a guess from the rest of the design.

Edited to correct spelling of patent.

Last edited:

OR Archer

WKR
Wow, I was trying to look up their patients and found what looks like several lawsuits filed by Bowmar.

One was against a veteran owned company and was dismissed (Bowmar failed to meet the basic requirements to bring the suit). https://portal.unifiedpatents.com/patents/patent/US-10295316-B2

Bowmar then refiled the complaint, and it looks to have been dismissed with prejudice. https://www.pacermonitor.com/public...ry_LLC_v_VIP_Veteran_Innovative_Products_LLC_

I have not bothered to try to count how many suits in total, and it may be that I am seeing the same suit or two appear multiple times. It looks like Bowmar filed suit against VIP a total of 3 times and was never found to have standing.
Looks like two different suits. One against The Outdoor Group then another against VIP archery.

TheTone

WKR
Wow, I was trying to look up their patients and found what looks like several lawsuits filed by Bowmar.

Par for the course for scummy people. He’s also suing a meme page for making fun of them

BBob

WKR
Par for the course for scummy people. He’s also suing a meme page for making fun of them
Ha! Hopefully they tell him to pound sand like they did the rich pharmaceutical wyo corner cross guy when he tried to sue Google to give up the person that “wrote nasty, defamatory” things about him. Freaking joke 🤣

So I can’t comment on someone I don’t know personally. However, the claims about the broadhead seem a bit strong to put it mildly and unverifiable really. To verify the “worlds most” you must measure it against the world. I doubt that has occurred regarding its penetration, accuracy and sharpness. I also want to know where the materials are sourced and manufactured. I want to know more details regarding blade specs. I want to know his ferrule materials. The materials used directly relate to performance. There is a reason cheaper steel is cheaper….

AkRyan

WKR
Looks like he put several blades on a swacker and then gave the blades a cool design like the rage lol it looks like it should work great though.

rkcdvm

Lil-Rokslider
Meh. I think I'll stick with my evolution mechanicals. Lol I have his nose button but the guy is really not someone id go out of my way to support if anyone else makes a similar product
I just tried out the fixed from Evo. Those are pretty dang good. I like that you can switch them from the fixed to the mechanical and back. Cool design.

FlyGuy

WKR
I’m neither pro nor anti Bomar. But, I do use his nose button and his peep tweaked, and both of them are really great products.

He might be a terrible person, idk. But, he seems to be a legit archery hunter and he’s put out some really good products.

I don’t currently shoot mechanicals so I doubt I’ll ever try one of these, but a mechanical BH with blades that will fold back when encountering bone (and then spring back forward) seems like a pretty dang cool idea to me - even if you hate him…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m neither pro nor anti Bomar. But, I do use his nose button and his peep tweaked, and both of them are really great products.

He might be a terrible person, idk. But, he seems to be a legit archery hunter and he’s put out some really good products.

I don’t currently shoot mechanicals so I doubt I’ll ever try one of these, but a mechanical BH with blades that will fold back when encountering bone (and then spring back forward) seems like a pretty dang cool idea to me - even if you hate him…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm a Bomar fan, they make some good stuff.

I'll keep my thoughts to myself on Bowmar and his products, save another lawsuit filing. It's curious his real love/hate relationship with our legal system.