Born Outdoor Badger Bed Review

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I took a road trip to North Dakota for the NRL match this weekend and used the Badger Bed one night each way.

20240530_194716.jpg

Since this truck has a really short bed, I couldn't sleep in the back unless I left the tailgate down and canopy open so I ordered this simple little tent deal off ol Amazon. It works perfectly.

20240529_235622.jpg

On the way there the temp got down to about 35° and I was warm and cozy with the sheet and synthetic quilt (still haven't needed the down quilt).

20240530_051227.jpg

My only complaint so far is that I feel the material on top is a bit tight. It's stretchy but I would prefer it looser than it is.

CODisco

FNG
Nice set up! I've got the Badger Bed 30 and it has a little more room than they Badger Bed 25 the you are using. I'm 6' / ~205 and its plenty comfortable when I zip up the top. I usually sleep with the top layer unzipped when I'm in a wall tent or my vehicle. I agree that its plenty warm!

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
After using the Badger Bed for a week in a wall tent, I like it even better than before.

1000003711.jpg

I didn't setup the wood stove and temps were in the mid 30s each night. I tried the synthetic quilt a couple nights and the down quilt the rest of the time and both kept me plenty warm.

My only issue was the fitted sheet started pilling pretty bad.

1000003817.jpg

I called and talked to Stuart about that and he said they have had some issues with that so they are in the process of switching to bamboo sheets. I was glad to hear they are listening to customer feedback and making improvements.

CODisco

FNG
Thanks for the continued reviews Justin! Love the wall tent set up. I've got their flannel sheets which they call their Cascade sheets. I've had them for awhile and have washed them 4-5 times with over 45 nights in them and don't have any pilling. I've got bamboo sheets at home which we love so I'll likely get those when the are available. You might try one of those fabric shavers to remove the pilling.

willidru

WKR
Have you used the canvas cutter bedroll? Any comparison info? I’ve like mine for on the move hunting out of truck base camp.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Have you used the canvas cutter bedroll? Any comparison info? I’ve like mine for on the move hunting out of truck base camp.
Yes, I have one of those as well. The Canvas Cutter is better for someone wanting weather protection. I use mine with a normal, foam cot pad and various sleeping bags.

The Badger Bed is better if you don't need the weather protection but want the ultimate comfort. Having sheets and quilts that attach makes it just like sleeping at home.

CODisco

FNG
Came across this YouTube review of a guy using the Badger Bed in his truck that folks might find useful.