Born Outdoor Badger Bed Review

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I took a road trip to North Dakota for the NRL match this weekend and used the Badger Bed one night each way.

20240530_194716.jpg

Since this truck has a really short bed, I couldn't sleep in the back unless I left the tailgate down and canopy open so I ordered this simple little tent deal off ol Amazon. It works perfectly.

20240529_235622.jpg

On the way there the temp got down to about 35° and I was warm and cozy with the sheet and synthetic quilt (still haven't needed the down quilt).

20240530_051227.jpg

My only complaint so far is that I feel the material on top is a bit tight. It's stretchy but I would prefer it looser than it is.

CODisco

FNG
Nice set up! I've got the Badger Bed 30 and it has a little more room than they Badger Bed 25 the you are using. I'm 6' / ~205 and its plenty comfortable when I zip up the top. I usually sleep with the top layer unzipped when I'm in a wall tent or my vehicle. I agree that its plenty warm!

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
After using the Badger Bed for a week in a wall tent, I like it even better than before.

1000003711.jpg

I didn't setup the wood stove and temps were in the mid 30s each night. I tried the synthetic quilt a couple nights and the down quilt the rest of the time and both kept me plenty warm.

My only issue was the fitted sheet started pilling pretty bad.

1000003817.jpg

I called and talked to Stuart about that and he said they have had some issues with that so they are in the process of switching to bamboo sheets. I was glad to hear they are listening to customer feedback and making improvements.