Welcome to Born Primitive Clothing

UpTop

Lil-Rokslider
Did this company get bought out? Looks like mostly fitness apparel with a dash of outdoor clothing sprinkled in there.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Did this company get bought out? Looks like mostly fitness apparel with a dash of outdoor clothing sprinkled in there.
I was thinking same and then visited their booth at Expo this year. Good stuff. WE have a few reviews on the homepage if you use the search button. They’ve done pretty good with their stuff they’ve sent us. I think they’ll be a pretty strong contender in the next few years.

My Review of the Quiver Hoodie is up.
I really wish they had put pockets on this. I have a Swazi hood that lacks pockets for my hand and I find myself reaching for a pocket all the time.
Other than the lack of pockets, your review makes it sound like this would be a perfect fleece for me. Hopefully they release a gen 2 with a pocket option for guys like me that have sissy cold hands. lol

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I really wish they had put pockets on this. I have a Swazi hood that lacks pockets for my hand and I find myself reaching for a pocket all the time.
Other than the lack of pockets, your review makes it sound like this would be a perfect fleece for me. Hopefully they release a gen 2 with a pocket option for guys like me that have sissy cold hands. lol
I have the quiver hoody and it was probably my most worn piece this year. Super comfortable, breathable as an outer layer, warm as a mid layer, and quick drying.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I have the quiver hoody and it was probably my most worn piece this year. Super comfortable, breathable as an outer layer, warm as a mid layer, and quick drying.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
I guess I could always get the full zippered version since it has pockets. It really does look like a great fleece.

Mfran04

FNG
View attachment 542073

Pretty excited to see this high-end clothing company coming on as a Rokslide sponsor. We checked out their lines at the WHCE in February and think they’ll be some big fans on Rokslide. To be sure, we’re getting some of the hunting-specific pieces in the writers’ hands, (@realunlucky @Ross @Howard Mee ) and as always, they can say what they want. Watch for those reviews starting up in the the next few weeks. Hoping to cover these pieces and more:

Frontier Pant
View attachment 542075

Tundra Light Jacket

View attachment 542074

Quiver Hoody
View attachment 542076

Here’s some company info:

Veteran owned and operated; Born Primitive was founded 9 years ago as a pure Crossfit apparel brand. As fate would have it, through some special operations backchannels, they came across the Aron Snyder's tracks. During some backcountry training together and a shared bond for their love of the outdoors, Born Primitive Outdoor was created. Designed, developed, and tested by Aron Snyder with the textile resources and fire power from Born Primitive's athletic apparel business, it's designed for the western backcountry hunter. Born Primitive Outdoor is entering their second hunting season. They have big ambitions for the product line, and are just getting started.

See more Born Primitive here

Please give Born Primitive a big fat Rokslide welcome!
I absolutely love my born primitive base layers! I got the men’s instead of the women’s, the pants aren’t as high up as I’d like but the fit is great and they’re so warm!!

I pretty much live in my quiver hoodie both hunting and not, enough that I put another on my Christmas list. It's pilling, but the pills are so small it's not that noticeable. I choose it over my Sitka heavyweight except in the coldest of weather. I really like that the collar offers neck protection even with the hood down.

I don't use the Sentry jacket quite as much hunting but wear it a ton on the go and have made some hunting use both as an outer layer and mid layer. Fits well, comfortable, and has held up well over the last year or so.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I pretty much live in my quiver hoodie both hunting and not, enough that I put another on my Christmas list. It's pilling, but the pills are so small it's not that noticeable. I choose it over my Sitka heavyweight except in the coldest of weather. I really like that the collar offers neck protection even with the hood down.

I don't use the Sentry jacket quite as much hunting but wear it a ton on the go and have made some hunting use both as an outer layer and mid layer. Fits well, comfortable, and has held up well over the last year or so.
Thanks for your feedback man. Always helpful to hear from members on these threads.

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member

I’ve moved toward “multipurpose” hunting gear as well. I like to be able to wear high quality clothes/gear around town without looking like I’m trying to make a statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got the frontier heavy pant and have worn them a few times out hiking and scouting. Seems like a decent quality pant but the fabric is a little loud and swishy. Anyone else notice this? Do they get quieter after a few washes?

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just got the frontier heavy pant and have worn them a few times out hiking and scouting. Seems like a decent quality pant but the fabric is a little loud and swishy. Anyone else notice this? Do they get quieter after a few washes?

Yes, they are swishy. I only noticed the noise below the knees. Gators help. They don’t swish when they’re wet. They don’t swish if you widen your stance when closing the distance.

I have not noticed them getting significantly quieter after multiple washes but having specifically given it much attention. I’m going hunting tomorrow and I’ll try and pay closer attention to it and give you an update tomorrow night.

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member

Just to follow up: I don’t think they’ve gotten less swishy. They certainly aren’t loud, but noticeable

Just to follow up: I don’t think they’ve gotten less swishy. They certainly aren’t loud, but noticeable

I think any noise from clothing swishing around is highly subjective but I will say I am a little bummed that this was never mentioned in any of the reviews I read before I bought the frontier pants. I will use them for rifle hunting but will choose something else for archery. I have tried the kuiu attack, first lite corrugate foundry and Sitka mountain pant and all of those are made of a less swishy material. The frontier pants seem durable and have many pockets but for 210$ I think the material noise should be a consideration in the design.

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think any noise from clothing swishing around is highly subjective but I will say I am a little bummed that this was never mentioned in any of the reviews I read before I bought the frontier pants. I will use them for rifle hunting but will choose something else for archery. I have tried the kuiu attack, first lite corrugate foundry and Sitka mountain pant and all of those are made of a less swishy material. The frontier pants seem durable and have many pockets but for 210$ I think the material noise should be a consideration in the design.

I’m not picking a fight… ok?
Honestly.
This is what I said in my review:

“The legs are a little loud. They swish when you walk. Not terrible, but noticeable.”

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
I wasn't part of this review, but bought some gear and was very pleased with it. I wanted to give a shout out to BP, as I had an issue with a stitch on my pants and they took care of it asap. The pants are not cheap, but I always tend to spend more for a product when a company stands behind their stuff. Will def buy again.

Attachments

• IMG_1484.jpeg
    IMG_1484.jpeg
    564.4 KB · Views: 8