Blue Loctite Alternative??

OP
B

BCD

WKR

Vibra-TITE 213 VC-3 Threadmate Threadlocker, -65 to 165 Degree F, 5mL Tube, Red​

I have a tube and will switch to it once I am out of blue Locktite. I still cover all screw heads with paint pen so I have witness marks.
I tried the Vibra Tite and did not like it at all. It sets up way too fast for me. I am OCD about getting my rings just right and the Vibra-Tite doesn't give me the time I need to do that.

ehayes

Lil-Rokslider
Can someone please give a best practice application of the paint pen. I tried it on 5 different screws and got inconsistent results.

Im trying to give the paint pen a fair shot because I have had a random loose screw on my rings that I loctited and didn’t hold.

I do think i applied too much loctite in the past. I thought more was better.

Last edited:
Reactions: NSI

mtnbound

FNG
After degreasing contact surfaces I apply a small amount of paint on the bottom 2-3 threads of the screw. Once every things has been torqued and re-torqued I apply a dot of paint to the screw head and contact surface as a quick way to visually check tightness. I have used Blue Loctite in the past but did experience a couple of failures which was likely operator error on my part. Using the paint pen I have not had additional failures but would not have a problem using Loctite again but I would use a paint pen to apply a visual reference for tightness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk