Black Hills Trout Fishing

NDGuy

WKR
Will be in Spearfish/Deadwood this weekend for a wedding and was wondering if anyone wanted to PM some general info. I want to try my hand at catching some trout with a spinning rod.

Even better, please let me know all your honey holes.😎

jmez

WKR
Spearfish Creek in Spearfish canyon. Pick a spot and start. Rapid Creek below Pactola lake. Contact Dakota Angler in Rapid City. They will have advice on location and what to use.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
Spearfish Creek in Spearfish canyon. Pick a spot and start. Rapid Creek below Pactola lake. Contact Dakota Angler in Rapid City. They will have advice on location and what to use.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk
Good to know appreciate it

HoytHntr4

WKR
Lots of pull offs along the road in Spearfish canyon right along the creek, just pick one and start fishing. I’ve also fished Rapid & Spring creek61B1A4B1-7EAA-4576-AD74-AC519FA730A0.jpeg

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
Lots of pull offs along the road in Spearfish canyon right along the creek, just pick one and start fishing. I’ve also fished Rapid & Spring creekView attachment 725698
Gonna check em out today. We are staying at a place between deadwood and sturgis so hitting up the area by spearfish first.

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
Found some thanks for the advice folks beautiful day!

Attachments

• IMG_0733.jpeg
    IMG_0733.jpeg
    603.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0736.jpeg
    IMG_0736.jpeg
    523.3 KB · Views: 27

fishdart

Lil-Rokslider
Little bastards made us work for them, seem pretty pressured they were finicky!
I had the same experience with several of the well-trod pull offs on Spearfish myself. It's not only that there are people stopping to fish, there were many folks just out of their cars and streamside taking in the canyon and getting photos and selfies and the like. The dam pools were stacked with trout that seemingly had their lips sewn shut.