Bishop Pass 0 vs Rab Ascent 900

nltr

FNG
Does anyone have experience with either of these bags? I’m looking to buy a good quality 0 degree down bag without breaking the bank.

Rab Ascent 900 OR
Mountain Hardwear Bishop Pass 0

t_carlson

WKR
I've never used a Rab bag, but I have a down jacket. I have several MH bags, mostly different temps of their Lamina synthetic bags.

IMO, I don't think either is a bad choice. MH might have a smaller footbox judging off the pictures, but they don't give a dimension on their website.

Quality MIGHT be a little better for Rab products (?) but not by much if that's the case.

I'd shop around and probably take the bag that is on a better sale.

uglymud

FNG
Classified Approved
I've got a bishop pass 15 long, at 6'2" 180lbs I feel like I've got a good bit of space all around.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

uglymud

FNG
Classified Approved
High teens low twenties is the coldest I've taken it. It did really well, I did have a puffy on to start but ended up taking it off during the night.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

MTHokie

Lil-Rokslider
I have the bishop pass zero in long. I haven't been able to use it yet because I'd cook in it in temps above 25. I feel like it'd be warm down to single digits. Bag quality is excellent on MH bags IMO. I have experience with bags from Sierra Designs, Big Agnes, Marmot, and Kelty for reference. I haven't used the RAB, but the smaller footbox on the MH will be an advantage when it is cold.

OP
nltr

nltr

FNG
I ended up buying a Rab Neutrino 600 (10 degree). The bag is a bit older, got it used, but has been good so far. Had it down to about 30 and was plenty warm. The toe box is not as filled with down as I would like.

I’m pretty set on getting the bishop pass or the Paria Outdoors 0 for my son this fall.