School me on mid temp bags/quilts

WhiskeyDoc

Lil-Rokslider
I’m not looking for synthetic vs down, or this brand vs that, or bag vs quilt.

I’m uneducated on the middle temperature ranges. Say 30, 40, 50 degrees at night. This will be in the North Carolina mountains in late Sept early October.

Historically I’ve only been out in the extremes. Either needing a 0 degree bag and then some, or a USGI woobie and still getting hot.

Also, I only have a klymit static v jr pad. So basically 3/4 length.

I’ve thought about my woobie and just a Sea to Summit Thermolite Reactor. Adds 14 degrees supposedly. Would that be enough? What other recommendations? Do I just need to bite the bullet and get a 50 degree bag? Warmer? What kind of setups do you have for those middle temp ranges? And I won’t be spending over 150. Probably less that 100. I know that I’ll pay in weight carried but I'm not breaking the bank just yet.

S.Clancy

WKR
I have a 40 degree quilt. I have used it on nights with lows from about 28-30 all the up to 55-60 and been comfortable. @ 28-30 I am layering inside the quilt, @ 60 it's like a blanket.

I have a 15 degree sleeping bag and that 40 degree quilt. That covers everything from 60 above to -10F with the appropriate layering. I personally wouldn't get a 30 degree or 50 degree, too much overlap with the 30 degree quilt, not enough utility with the 50 degree quilt.

OP
WhiskeyDoc

WhiskeyDoc

Lil-Rokslider
Just out of curiosity, how much does your 40 deg quilt weigh?